Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Potential Service Issues with Soundfield - Problem Resolved!  (Read 16870 times)

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Potential Service Issues with Soundfield - Help Please!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 08:13:09 PM »
can you run your entire rig on AC power?
if so, eliminate the the batteries all together and see if it shows the same issue.
at least that way you can narrow it down to a powering issue (which it sounds like to me).
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline F0CKER

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
can you run your entire rig on AC power?
if so, eliminate the the batteries all together and see if it shows the same issue.
at least that way you can narrow it down to a powering issue (which it sounds like to me).

I didn't try that but I'll also suggest that to SF.  +T.

Any other thoughts for testing scenarios I can pose to SF anyone?
Nevaton MC49 -> Sonosax SX-R4

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 06:31:59 AM »
The one advantage to email is that everything is clearly documented.

Good point.  Hence the additional recommendation to document the conversation via email.  :P  I know, not quite the same as full email documentation through and through.  Good luck, F0CKER!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 06:42:15 AM »
Thanks Brian!  I've been w/o a consistent rig for 4 months now almost and it's driving me f'ing crazy.

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 08:52:43 AM »
crappy situation focker. i too have seen the problem first hand a couple times. i have a feeling they are not trying to reproduce the problem exactly how it occured in the field. i would politely ask them again how long they ran their tests. the problem only happened after 45 to 90 minutes into a recording. perhaps they aren't giving it enough time.

good luck man.

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 11:01:09 PM »
I think SoundField's customer support is sorry.  I had a problem with my 722, sent it in, got it back and it still failed.  I told them I really needed it so they overnighted me a new one and asked I return the failing one in the box they sent out the new one in.  End of story.  SoundField should have done the same.  For the kind of money you spent you have a right to expect first class support.  I was not thinking of buying their gear, but now have definitely put it out of my mind.  This is not customer support.  It is evasion and equivocation.

Good luck, F0cker.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 03:25:26 PM »
Wanted to drop by and give you guys the latest update.

I sent a note to SF with a list of recommended testing scenarios based one some of the feedback here, and expressed my concern on the feedback (or lack thereof) I'd previously received.  I followed that up with a call to the US retailer.  He in turn called SF to make sure the unit was getting the proper attention it deserves.  The issue was elevated at SF and they're going to scrutinize the unit to try to identify the problem. Probably something that doesn't require a phone call, but still good to hear.  I asked the US retailer that if worse came to worse and they could not replicate the problem what was his sense for how SF would resolve the situation.   He said, they would most likely replace it for me, he's never known them to leave a customer high and dry like that.  So that was reassuring.

On to some good news.  The US retailer is in Las Vegas, which just so happens to be the place I'm going next Thursday to see Tea Leaf Green for two nights.  I asked the US retailer for a loaner 350 to test while I was there and they agreed.  At least this way I'll know if a different unit has better success.  FWIW I've never had two back to back nights of success since the troubles started.  I've had a night here or there, but never two back to back...so this should be interesting.  +T to Las Vegas Audio for hooking me up with a test unit while I'm out there.

TJ, I should be good, no need to borrow your AKG's.  Thanks a bunch though!

Offline T.J.

• Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »
Wanted to drop by and give you guys the latest update.

I sent a note to SF with a list of recommended testing scenarios based one some of the feedback here, and expressed my concern on the feedback (or lack thereof) I'd previously received.  I followed that up with a call to the US retailer.  He in turn called SF to make sure the unit was getting the proper attention it deserves.  The issue was elevated at SF and they're going to scrutinize the unit to try to identify the problem. Probably something that doesn't require a phone call, but still good to hear.  I asked the US retailer that if worse came to worse and they could not replicate the problem what was his sense for how SF would resolve the situation.   He said, they would most likely replace it for me, he's never known them to leave a customer high and dry like that.  So that was reassuring.

On to some good news.  The US retailer is in Las Vegas, which just so happens to be the place I'm going next Thursday to see Tea Leaf Green for two nights.  I asked the US retailer for a loaner 350 to test while I was there and they agreed.  At least this way I'll know if a different unit has better success.  FWIW I've never had two back to back nights of success since the troubles started.  I've had a night here or there, but never two back to back...so this should be interesting.  +T to Las Vegas Audio for hooking me up with a test unit while I'm out there.

TJ, I should be good, no need to borrow your AKG's.  Thanks a bunch though!

the offer is still on the table if you ever what to use them locally. glad to hear you'll be able to get 4 channels out there.

good luck and have fun!

Offline fozzy

• move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 04:14:42 PM »
Don't know if this has been stated already but if they are testing indoors ma be different than testing in real world conditions, may be battery heat issues
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 04:23:13 PM »
Don't know if this has been stated already but if they are testing indoors ma be different than testing in real world conditions, may be battery heat issues

I brought overheating up with them...sticking the gear in a camer bag, etc.

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
Just saw this one. Sorry to hear F0CKER. I am sure they will come through with a solution to make everyone happy.
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
F0cker, at least the US rep is doing the right thing: a no questions asked loaner.  I am glad you got to talk to the right person because you were being treated like a red-headed stepchild.  I hope you get an ace recording and no failures while recording.  Now that you have the US rep working for you they should clear this up pretty quickly. 

Cheers
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 01:28:06 AM »

How did the weekend in Vegas go Focker? Same issues? None?
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 03:45:44 AM »

How did the weekend in Vegas go Focker? Same issues? None?

I am also very curious. Hopefully it went well, and they just give him one that works with his exact setup.
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline F0CKER

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 01:22:40 PM »
Vegas went 100% with no issues on the loaner gear.  Perfectly both nights.  So I haven't made a complete recording in two consecutive nights with my unit since March, and with a loaner I made two back to back.

Soundfield is stickinh by their claim the unit is in perfect working order.  To add to the issue with me, they're now asking me to pay 90GBP to have the unit returned from the UK to me.  Have you ever had a situation where the retailer asked for return shipping on an item sent in to be fixed?  I asked for a certificate validating the product is in 100% working order and will be selling it on ebay.  I'm going back to Schoeps.

This is the worst customer service I've eve experienced, starting with the manufacturer.  Enough to warrant me not supporting their business.

To the TS.com community, consider yourself warned ever dealing with Soundfield.  They are not a company I'd recommend working with.  They don't value their customers and have been nothing short of a pain in the ass to get this resolved.  Outside of the US retailer who's been great.  Soundfield as a company has lost this customer forever.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com