Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R-09HR Patching In Question  (Read 1764 times)

Offline dave570

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
R-09HR Patching In Question
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »
Usually I patch my Sony D8 into another D8 with a D8 coming out of me, etc. In other words, I have been doing a lot of taping in a sea of D8 DAT decks. Maybe 5-6 decks patched into each other usually via analog mini. And me as the second or third deck. And yes, there are still DAT tapers out there.

After ordering a R-09HR, I noticed that it has a "headphone jack" and not a real line out. Will the headphone jack appropriately feed another D8?  Would a D8 owner object if my Edirol was feeding their deck?  Should the Edirol be the last deck in the chain?  I don't mind, but I want to know now....thanks!

Offline Dede2002

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: R-09HR Patching In Question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:44:16 PM »
Usually I patch my Sony D8 into another D8 with a D8 coming out of me, etc. In other words, I have been doing a lot of taping in a sea of D8 DAT decks. Maybe 5-6 decks patched into each other usually via analog mini. And me as the second or third deck. And yes, there are still DAT tapers out there.

After ordering a R-09HR, I noticed that it has a "headphone jack" and not a real line out. Will the headphone jack appropriately feed another D8?  Would a D8 owner object if my Edirol was feeding their deck?  Should the Edirol be the last deck in the chain?  I don't mind, but I want to know now....thanks!

I think the R-09HR should be the last on line. The headphone jack doesn't sound all that good.
Actually, the old R-09 has a nice headphone out sound, but not the R-09HR.
Mics..........................SP-CMC-8, HLSC-1 and HLSO-MICRO
BB and Preamps........MM Micro bb / MM Custom Elite bb / Church 9100

Recorders...................Tascam DR-100MKIII, Marantz PMD 620 MKII, Edirol R-09

Offline dave570

• Taperssection Regular
Re: R-09HR Patching In Question
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 10:14:33 PM »
Thanks!  That's what I thought. So will there ever be a sea of R-09HRs patched into each other like we do with DAT decks??  If not, then this becomes a very lonely hobby.  I think I'll use my D8 for certain shows and use the Edirol for stealth taping or when I am the lone deck.   :(

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com