Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie Getting Started ? and Thanks  (Read 18152 times)

Offline db

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • i do not have a personal statement
Re: Newbie Getting Started ? and Thanks
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »
acidjack - thanks for the clarification.  Agree, I don't think I'd have a need to go higher than 11' which seems pretty damn high.

i have a 13' stand and a 7' extendoid i ran  for the dead in '09 in the big places. i'll knock off .5' and call it 19.5'... made a difference.

as for cable, 20' is a very standard studio length and not that onerous.

the average white/european drunk, loudmouth male, the archetype of the jamband taper woes, stands 5'7" > 5'10" placing its lite-beer-hole only 5' from your 11' elevated mics. an extra 8' won't eradicate his mating calls, but it can mute the general din.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:32:24 PM by db »
db

Offline JusTapin

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Newbie Getting Started ? and Thanks
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »
I agree, just get a pair of custom 20' cables and youll be SET!!! Glad to hear you got everything. Sounds like youre going to start out pullin' DA HEAT!!!!!! Nice setup. My 1st mics were 480s :)

I'm hoping so!  Just running a test on the Naztech battery tonight.  ;D  If these 460's are this clear in the field I'm going to be very happy for sure. 

I'm a fairly new taper with all of these same questions as well.  This has been the most helpful thread in trying to decide what initial setup gear I want to start with myself. Thanks to everyone for pitching in their two cents and being so generous sharing all their info!

Agree, there are some really great folks on here who are very willing to help out.  As you've already probably found there is a ton of information here as well, so much so, I think I need new glasses because I've about burnt my eyes out reading for hours and hours. lol  Welcome and good luck!

Welcome!  As everyone always says, please check your wallet at the door  >:D

Great advise right there!  ;D  I decided today while I had some down time I should create an inventory of my gear and I have no idea where I came up with my initial figures.  :facepalm:   
All I can think is I had read it somewhere and it sounded like a nice figure.  Although, I have ordered a lot of stuff I could have gotten into the hobby without having right now, however, it just kind of consumed me. LOL

i have a 13' stand and a 7' extendoid i ran  for the dead in '09 in the big places. i'll knock off .5' and call it 19.5'... made a difference.

as for cable, 20' is a very standard studio length and not that onerous.

the average white/european drunk, loudmouth male, the archetype of the jamband taper woes, stands 5'7" > 5'10" placing its lite-beer-hole only 5' from your 11' elevated mics. an extra 8' won't eradicate his mating calls, but it can mute the general din.

db - Thanks for the input!  I ordered a similar setup and have the 12' stand and the 3 piece extension pole that maxes out at 92 inches.  I know at the Philly DMB show in Dec there was someone running a 20' stand.  In fact I think it was the flac I downloaded and you could still here during the encore a couple people screaming over the beginning or ending of songs with their damn mating calls wanting to hear Last Stop.   Most of the stands I remember seeing at shows have probably been 12 to 15 feet.  The one in Philly really caught my eye though because it was only about 30' from the right stack in my line of view and I thought, damn, that's up there. 

Definitely can understand and see the advantages of trying to eliminate a lot of the chatter, especially those drunken mating calls.  >:D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:37:43 PM by JusTapin »
Mics: AKG C460B, ck61/ck63, Naiant Actives/PFAs, AT835 cards/hypers (4.7 mod), CA-11 Croakies
Pre/BB: GD Lunatech V3, CA-9200, UA5, SD USBPre2, Neumenn BS48i-2
Decks: Roland R-44, Marantz PMD661 (OCM), Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com