Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Would you fix a recording by patching from a different show?  (Read 12725 times)

Offline earmonger

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • 20-20000 Hz
Re: Would you fix a recording by patching from a different show?
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2014, 12:17:54 AM »
Not to mention the "live" albums with post-facto vocals and fixes. Forgive me if I don't exactly believe "Eagles Live."

If your notes point out which song was replaced I really don't see the harm. You could always included the messed-up original track as a bonus.

Offline dunebug81

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Would you fix a recording by patching from a different show?
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »
OK .....

I would say the most important thing is to have an enjoyable recording.

So - either patch or remove, or both.  But document the patch.

I have patched a piano recital I recorded once - same piano, same mics, same pianist - totally different venue.

I patched about half a dozen notes from one performance to the other where the pianist made a mistake - you cannot hear the patch at all and it sounds like one continuous performance.

I did the same thing to a NIN show years ago.  The Summer 06 tour Trent just came out and started signing, he was dressed in black and looked like a stage hand.  So the first show of that tour I saw I missed about 30-40 seconds of the beginning of the song.  I knew what to look for on the other 3 shows I saw and started to record on time but the one show bugged me so I just took the first minute or so from another show and did some soundforge magic and I can't even tell where the shows changed.  It was a soft intro so it was a pretty easy thing to fix. 

As for the OP i say just send it out as is.  It sounds like you're talking about replacing entire songs and not just a few seconds of the start of the song like in my case.
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com