Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Newbie needs your mentorship.  (Read 4392 times)

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My cd List
Re:Newbie needs your mentorship.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 10:31:44 AM »

Finally a new pair of Oktava MK012 from recording services or sound room would cost less than 700 for card,hyper & omni caps or less than 500 for a card/hyper set.

Although the GC may periodically run a sale on these, they aren't matched, the quality is questionable like you said, and I don't believe they sell the hyper caps individually. IMHO Recording Services or Sound Room would be a much better retailer.

I think it is really cool how people from ADK post on here periodically. I would love to have a pair of multi pattern mics. I like the ADK TLs - but I only have one recording with them. I have many recordings of phish shows with the 481s and even if I don't like the show, I always like how they sound. In the future, I expect to see tons of TL recordings, so maybe I'll change my mind.

Ideally I'd like to have a V3 with a pair of 480s and a pair of U89s. I'd also like a new BMW M3 and the Playboy Mansion.  ;D The ADKs are a way more affordable, but great sounding LD mic, so maybe one day. Until then I have a used Corolla, and apartment, and $120,000 worth of debt to pay off. My budget was around 1000 and for the time being Superlux is where it is at!
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re:Newbie needs your mentorship.
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 11:08:50 AM »
True 'dat man!

The customer service from ADK is top notch, as well.  Larry sent me a mic to use while mine is being repaired, so I had no downtime with the TL-  thats awesome.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com