Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: are tapers "OBLIGATED" to share their recordings?  (Read 18460 times)

thierryhenry

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: are tapers "OBLIGATED" to share their recordings?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2004, 04:30:32 PM »
i dont' feel obligated to share my recordings. however, i don't brag about them either.

Simply, but brillantly put..

This is the mentality all tapers should have I think.

Offline mahntoh

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2004, 04:50:17 PM »
Bragging is fun sometimes, especially with the atease community.

thierryhenry

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2004, 04:51:31 PM »
It's cool..

Yeah.

taperkat

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2004, 05:28:21 PM »
i don't brag. i just usually am either excited about the show, or I get asked if I tape.. so i'm just not going to lie.

Offline jhirte

• Needs to get out more...
  • At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2004, 07:57:52 PM »
I always hate it when people come up asking (or incases demanding) my phone number/email address.
If I'm in the mood and feeling generous, I'll give out a few copies. But to the pricks who demand a copy.. fuck off. I didn't drop $$$$ to tape shows for YOU. If you wanted it to bad, you'd be taping shit yourself! :)

But, I do believe in giving bands a copy if they ask, or any hookups I've got with soundpeople, etc..

-Jim

JasonGreen

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2004, 08:06:46 PM »

I don't know, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but aren't you one of the pricks over at ateaseweb that publicly shit on me because I asked not to mp3 my source and then had the audacity to offer the mp3s via HTTP and shit on other tapers that chimed in on the thread?  If not, excuse this post.

And maybe I've been living in a cave, but for someone that doesn't tape, how to you know what the "mentality" of a taper is?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what went on over there was absolutely bullshit and is the number one reason I'll never release another radiohead show except to other tapers.

JasonGreen

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »
side note:  Sorry Kat for hijacking your thread.

taperkat

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2004, 08:49:05 PM »
*laughs* not a problem at all. I don't mind.

anyone else think that spinny avatar is craziness? wow.. reminds me of an ecstacy trip

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2004, 09:25:43 PM »
i dont' feel obligated to share my recordings. however, i don't brag about them either.

I got a mentality all tapers should have.

"FUCK STG!"

JasonGreen

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2004, 09:43:59 PM »

I got a mentality all tapers should have.

"FUCK STG!"

I feel some gossip coming on.

Offline distance

• Taperssection All-Star
    • explosions in the sky tour archive
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2004, 11:38:07 PM »
I always hate it when people come up asking (or incases demanding) my phone number/email address.
If I'm in the mood and feeling generous, I'll give out a few copies. But to the pricks who demand a copy.. fuck off. I didn't drop $$$$ to tape shows for YOU. If you wanted it to bad, you'd be taping shit yourself! :)

i couldn't tell you how many times i have gotten email addresses, actually emailed and then those people never replied to my emails.  unless they go out of their way to impress me or something, i don't really think much of people giving me their email addresses.

thierryhenry

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2004, 12:35:06 AM »

I don't know, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but aren't you one of the pricks over at ateaseweb that publicly shit on me because I asked not to mp3 my source and then had the audacity to offer the mp3s via HTTP and shit on other tapers that chimed in on the thread?  If not, excuse this post.

And maybe I've been living in a cave, but for someone that doesn't tape, how to you know what the "mentality" of a taper is?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what went on over there was absolutely bullshit and is the number one reason I'll never release another radiohead show except to other tapers.

Yeah that was me...Sad to say, but sorry.

That is when I first starting getting into all of this, and I didn't know what the difference between loseless and mp3 was. So I just collected everything in mp3....And I'm sure I pissed a bunch of people off in the process. Finally after talking to Evolvist and the RH Hub, I realized I was doing it all wrong, and eventually got rid of all my mp3 recordings and downloaded most every Radiohead show in loseless. I was dumb and stupid, and sorry for whatever I said in the past.

And about people expecting shows, that's true you didn't drop $$ to record for me, if they wanted it they'd be out there taping themselves...And that is what I've decided to do..

Sorry for anything I said in the past JasonGreen, like I said, I really do fancy your 2003 tape of Radiohead...And hope my recordings will turn out well in the future..Cheers.

JasonGreen

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2004, 01:04:13 AM »
thierryhenry-

I'm not one to hold a grudge, (as some on this board can bring up some embarrasing moments from my past *cough* Scott *cough* *cough* Alex *cough*).  +T

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2004, 01:10:51 AM »
alex

hold a grudge?

bah! ;)

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2004, 01:25:59 AM »

Yeah that was me...Sad to say, but sorry.

That is when I first starting getting into all of this, and I didn't know what the difference between loseless and mp3 was. So I just collected everything in mp3....And I'm sure I pissed a bunch of people off in the process. Finally after talking to Evolvist and the RH Hub, I realized I was doing it all wrong, and eventually got rid of all my mp3 recordings and downloaded most every Radiohead show in loseless. I was dumb and stupid, and sorry for whatever I said in the past.

And about people expecting shows, that's true you didn't drop $$ to record for me, if they wanted it they'd be out there taping themselves...And that is what I've decided to do..

Sorry for anything I said in the past JasonGreen, like I said, I really do fancy your 2003 tape of Radiohead...And hope my recordings will turn out well in the future..Cheers.

that was you! i remember you. from stg too, if i'm not mistaken... i knew i remembered the usename from somewhere... i remember you really making me mad about something. i guess it was radiohead.
anyway, whatever.
armen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com