Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CD to WAV???  (Read 16690 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CD to WAV???
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2004, 05:26:01 PM »
Don't mind us, Connor - we're never short of opinions here - do what you gotta do and what works for you and what makes you happy.   :) 
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline crobs808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 05:46:40 PM »
i DO appreciate all the feedback and advice, i want all you to know that.  and if you do have any better ideas rather than using RM files to stream i will be more than willing to accept them, however, I have compressed a 5 minutes song to 3.0mb as a RA file and blasted on my computer $100 speaker system it sounds just like the CD, so i dont know if there is any better streaming compression than that for now

~connor
"The dolphins, with their teeth of spongy gold, and their stares made out of glassy grins; they don't know the language of mercy" - Bob Schneider

silverbullet

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 07:48:08 AM »
EAC doesn't take anything to set up. Just download install and poof.

I only wish. I've tried numerous times to get EAC to work. Even visited help sites with no luck. I may give it another crack. It's hands down suppose to be the best. God forbid you use something else and have it in the lineage  ::)

Offline crobs808

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2004, 07:52:08 AM »
well i tested EAC against Audiograbber.  I ripped 1 CD with Audiograbber, and the same CD with EAC...

Audiograbber took 21 minutes, EAC took 2 hours and 37 minutes.  I did CRC checks and compared the data side by side via a binary processor comparison program, and they are bit for bit the EXACT same for every track...

so i dont see why use EAC when Audiograbber does the same paranoid good job in a fraction of the time

~connor
"The dolphins, with their teeth of spongy gold, and their stares made out of glassy grins; they don't know the language of mercy" - Bob Schneider

taperkat

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 02:19:25 PM »
To each their own. Audiograbber never rips my CDs completely, and they have pops. EAC has never given me problems (i get pops, but my processor, hard drive, and case fan are all slowly dying.). As I said, to each their own. IMO you have something messed up with your computer if EAC took that long to extract. that's less than 1x.

Offline crobs808

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2004, 08:44:17 PM »
hmm...well every other program runs great, (audio programs, graphic programs, rendering programs, video, etc...) and at faster speeds than computers that have better "stats" than mine, since I upgrade my computer about once a month with new hardware, but since I am an IT professional 9-5, I know that nothing is wrong with my computer...not bragging just letting you know that, so you know that I know what I am doing.  (alot of "know" words in there, haha)

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed advice.  I don't get any pops using any program, Audiograbber and EAC included, no matter how long it takes or doesn't take.  So maybe something is wrong with your computer, or maybe a few things ;) well anyway, thanks alot, case closed  :D

~connor  ;D

taperkat

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 12:52:39 PM »
"professional" is such an overused word. Most "professionals" i know can't even change their own printer cartridge.

I've been a programmer since 1997 and I've worked in computer repair/resale since 1998 as well.

But since you feel you need to keep one upping everyone, so be it. *wave* bie.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 01:32:18 PM »
nothing is wrong with my computer...

Well, something is wrong, else EAC wouldn't be so slow.  But it could be any number of things: a crappy/scratched/dusty CDR, dirty CD tray or internals, s/w config on your machine, etc.  At any rate, not worth tracking down if you're happy with Audiograbber.  Glad you found a solution that works for you, that's what counts.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline C.Clark

• Rediscovering the Magic!
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Too Many Shows!
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 01:55:07 PM »
there has to be a problem with your comp or the EAC program, it shouldnt take over two hours to rip a disc, it should take 10 min.  i use 2.0ghz celeron, 512mb ram and 40gb HD on a laptop, it took 18 min to rip a disc that i thought wouldnt get one track off of, and i got 17 of 18 tracks with tons of error correction.  so i would investigate why your comp is running so slow using EAC
Current Rig:
Mics: Neumann SKM184, Neumann SKM185, AKG C414 XLS/ST, DPA ST2015
Recorder: SD MixPre-6ii, SD MixPre-10ii
Extras: SD MixPre-D, SD USBPre2, Sony TCD-D8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former Rigs:
ADK TL --> Segue Dogstars --> SD 722
AT4051a --> Segue Dogstars --> MP-2 --> SD 722
AT4051a --> V2 --> MiniMe --> VxPocket V2 --> Laptop
AT4051a --> V2 --> MiniMe --> Sony TCD-D100
AT4051a --> V2 --> Mod SBM-1 --> Sony TCD-D100
AT4051a --> MP-2 --> AD1000 --> Sony TCD-D100
AKGC1000s --> Denecke PS/2 --> Denecke AD-20 --> Sony MiniDisc
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://db.etree.org/cpclar

Offline crobs808

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 04:40:43 PM »
it was EAC, i had the highest quality settings on, and it still sucked.  I have a kick ass computer, so i know it isnt that.  I even ran it on my server computer which is a dual processor (2) amd-64fx chips each with 1.5mb cache and 3.0ghz each, and it still ran slow as hell with the settings I wanted it to have, multi pass, good quality, etc...oh well. since my site is all up and sounds great using audoigrabber and nero to convert to RM files, I am fine.  Check it out.. http://www.concretepie.com/

~connor

Offline crobs808

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 05:28:54 PM »
wait...someone took away my ticket becuase i use audiograbber instead of EAC? lol....how lame this is

~connor

taperkat

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 05:29:56 PM »
no, they could have read the other thread and taken it away. anything's possible.

Offline crobs808

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2004, 05:01:11 AM »
either way, i dont deserve to have tickets taken away from me, i never did anything wrong :(

taperkat

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2004, 10:11:47 AM »
*shrug* who cares? tickets are just tickets. they don't translate to real life. If you let it bug you, you definitely have more issues than your computer ;)

Offline crobs808

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2004, 06:05:41 PM »
i really dont care, it may have sounded like i did, but you cannot hear my tone of voice and see that i am basically laughing that people take the time to take away "tickets" and all, lol, oh well, funny :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com