Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: Daryan ???  (Read 10957 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: ISO: Daryan ???
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2005, 04:19:17 PM »
well, it is iowa :P
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2005, 05:06:42 PM »
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2005, 06:08:44 PM »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2005, 05:56:54 PM »
it didn't actually cause a fire, but apparently just a bunch of sparks started shooting out of a piece of gear, which was quickly pulled apart.  it happened in the section at UNO for panic in 2003, i believe.  i wouldn't use the cables unless you know how to use a multimeter to test the cables to make sure they are soldered correctly and passing current to the proper pins.  that's just me, though.  to daryan's credit, i believe he will give you your money back.

I remember seeing that. Funny shit. Cable was SMOKIN' and plastic was melting. ;D Seemed like it was pre-03 though?
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline Tony B

• Needs more sun.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts.
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2005, 07:17:08 PM »
I remember seeing that. Funny shit.

Unless, of course, it was your gear on the hot end of the cable  :o
Coffee is for Closers

MG m200>AM Hyperconducters>V3>JayBeeThree/h120

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2005, 07:18:16 PM »
pretty sure it was 2003, but  ill never forget the look on trey's face.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2005, 09:16:58 PM »
I'll do whatever you would like me to do.  I honestly have not the time at the moment to deal with resoldering them.  I will assume you got them from me and will get you taken care of.  Sorry about that happening, a real bummer for sure.  I wil PM you when I get my wits about me after the drive I just had...9 hours and change.

Daryan
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2005, 02:25:29 PM »
Hey bro,

I just want to make sure you got my PM, I hadn't heard back yet.

D-----
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2005, 02:56:16 PM »

yes 03, yes funny

Daryan did make me whole on the ordeal as he refunded all money I paid to him. There was no damage to the actual piece of gear
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2005, 07:20:59 PM »
you may have stray wires if the strands werent tinned or soldered together correctly, I would consider sending them to someone who can help clean the insides up if needed
an old joke. do some searching and you'll figure it out.

if you'd like me to look at the cables, let me know. it shouldn't be too hard to fix. if you have a continuity tester, you'll be fine fixing them yourself.

i think i'd better send them to someone who knows what the heck they're doing alot more so than myself. ;)

heath, you up for the task? pm me and let me know how much and your address and everything... i appreciate it greatly.

-j

take em to a quality audio shop, or maybe a RadShack employee as a side job?

I'd like to see the look on a Radio Shack employee's face when you ask him to solder something for you.  I don't know about down in Cali, but here in Orygun the Radio Shack employees know Jack and Shit...........and Jack just left town.  They will sure try to sell you a cell phone or Direct TV however. :P
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »

yes 03, yes funny

Daryan did make me whole on the ordeal as he refunded all money I paid to him. There was no damage to the actual piece of gear

The toshiba, with about 50 solder joints done by me is OK too isn't it?  I just want to make sure.

D-----

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2005, 08:18:05 PM »

yes 03, yes funny

The toshiba, with about 50 solder joints done by me is OK too isn't it?  I just want to make sure.

D-----

no problems at all, very pleased

the main point of my post was to say that you realized you did something wrong and made it right
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2005, 09:09:01 PM »
I just wanted to make sure I had learned how to solder after these debacles.  Thanks bro, glad you enjoy it.  I enjoy mine as well.

D---

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2005, 05:03:02 PM »
did anyone else hear a boom? i heard a boom.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2005, 05:06:14 PM »
did anyone else hear a boom? i heard a boom.

my ears hurt.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com