Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do tapers have fun at shows  (Read 22302 times)

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Do tapers have fun at shows
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2006, 11:35:56 AM »
There are several tapers who I know who think of taping as a Race, they sit, have no fun, are really pissy at other people for coming within 10 feet of their stand, and at the end of the night have the tape converted before I pull into my driveway.  I've even seen one taper set up and go back to his car and go to sleep for the majority of the show, coming back later to get his stuff.

I think I pooed a little reading this... fucking funny shit!

I can think of a few people like this... reminds me of some tapers that spend their whole time at the show grabbing balloons and beach balls and deflating them, when they could just have a little fun and realize that a practically weightless balloon will not only not make any noticeable sound on the recording if it grazes the mics, but it will also do no damage. Big ass beachballs are another story, but still... some people should really just find a new hobby if they're going to take this one so seriously that they can't seem to enjoy themselves.

That one came close. I think the beach ball was the giveaway ;D

Offline cgrooves

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Get On the Bus -Busman Audio
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2006, 12:00:56 PM »
I have always thought that the problem with balloons is that if they get popped near the section it is very audible in the recordings (not that people worried about them brushing up against their mics, as was implied above).  Beachballs are another story entirely.
AUDIO:
Open:  Busman Audio BSC1-(K1/K2/K3/K4) > Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T Mod) 

Unopen:  AudioReality Omni Mics (Panasonic capsules)> AudioReality Battery Box (depending on SPL's) > iRiver H140 w/ Rockbox

VISUAL:
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm/1.8, Canon 85mm/1.8, Tamron 17-50mm/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm/2.8

Offline admkrk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2006, 09:11:51 PM »
poping ballons is very good way to fuck uop a recording. expecialy if there a whole lot of them. say at a new years eve show for example  :(
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2006, 09:30:26 PM »
I have always thought that the problem with balloons is that if they get popped near the section it is very audible in the recordings (not that people worried about them brushing up against their mics, as was implied above).  Beachballs are another story entirely.
I saw the best beach ball murder to date over the 4th weekend.
The guy went psycho on the ball literally.(he was in the middle by himself and the ball blasted his stand)
Alfred Hitchcock would be proud. tapinfool can attest to that one.
We think the murder weapon was a screwdriver, the funny part was the next night the owner patched the ball up and paraded it past the section with all these white patches on it. It didn't make another appearance after that though.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline OGTL

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2006, 05:44:24 PM »
OK ~ how to add a little enjoyment to the recording experience... lip synch the music.  Yes - I said LIP SYNCH.  Sing your lungs out.  Flap your gums.  Belt 'em out like the drunks in the front row.  Just be careful you don't get so carried away that you start dancing and jumping around and you're all set.

Next time you tape - give it a try - you've got nothing to lose.
Accept your dignity! :P

Offline Brian_CT

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2006, 02:15:13 AM »
OK ~ how to add a little enjoyment to the recording experience... lip synch the music.  Yes - I said LIP SYNCH.  Sing your lungs out.  Flap your gums.  Belt 'em out like the drunks in the front row. 

I've been doing this right from the start and assumed everybody else did it too.
My wife & I are also great at "stealth-clapping" ;)

Offline funkoff13

• wishes leisure suits would come back in style.
  • strawberry fields central park november 2008
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2006, 09:27:24 AM »
where my gear is plus i never get to piss if i'm stealthing but oh well

that is what water bottles and beer cups are for!

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2006, 10:57:01 AM »

You underestimate my capacity. A 2 liter bottle can be marginal.  Those 16 oz containers would never make it and as you know, it's nearly impossible to stop once you get that stream running.

How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline funkoff13

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2006, 10:59:06 AM »

it's nearly impossible to stop once you get that stream running.

aaahhhhh control young padawan.

RebelRebel

« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2006, 11:38:46 AM »
I just hook up a colostomy bag first.

You underestimate my capacity. A 2 liter bottle can be marginal.  Those 16 oz containers would never make it and as you know, it's nearly impossible to stop once you get that stream running.

Offline kcmoejoe

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Team Kansasouri
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2006, 11:48:47 AM »
you could use this- http://us.gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/fake-beer-belly-gets-you-tanked-140140.php

and reverse engineer it to be used to fill back up after you drink it all, as long as you remember its not beer in there anymore!  :-X
Open: JW Mod AKG 460 (ck61/63) > Sound Devices MP-2 > R-09HR / D8
Stealth: AT853 w/ 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub-Card,Hypers) / DPA 4061 > Batt. Box > R-09HR

Audio trade list: http://db.etree.org/kcmoejoe  (outdated)
DVD trade list: http://db.etree.org/kcmjdvd  (outdated)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000146308101
shows on LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/kcmoejoe
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kcmoejoe

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2006, 11:30:11 AM »
poping ballons is very good way to fuck uop a recording. expecialy if there a whole lot of them. say at a new years eve show for example  :(

I usually stretch out the neck where you blow it up and bite a hole in it, then let it fly away. It's pretty funny to watch it fly away losing air with people trying to bat it around.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline merry77

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2006, 02:05:24 PM »
I am doing the same thing.
lip syncing, stealth clapping.
1) it shows your appreciation for the music
2) it distracts security

I am always stealth taping and this year during one show some chick clapped me on the back and shouted: You rock!
Hehe, that was very funny. I think she is on the recording. Normally I would find it annoying, but she said it to me so it brings back memories of that show.
I record shows because I WANT to be able to listen to them again and again.
It's funny to hear the singer's comments.

This year I've recorded 3 shows from the first row and my BEST recording for this tour came from a 1st row recording.
You can even hear off mic comments and that is really funny. Or hammering under the stage and then the performer talks about it. And the great thing is you can hear it all on the recording.
I get a kick out of the fact that after the show the first time you listen to the recording and hearing how good it is and then checking all of the songs.
After that distributing of the recording and getting a kick out of the reaction of other people when you can see they like hearing it again as well.
Shared joy is double joy!

So far I've got a recording of nearly every show I've seen in my life. Only missing one.

OK ~ how to add a little enjoyment to the recording experience... lip synch the music.  Yes - I said LIP SYNCH.  Sing your lungs out.  Flap your gums.  Belt 'em out like the drunks in the front row. 

I've been doing this right from the start and assumed everybody else did it too.
My wife & I are also great at "stealth-clapping" ;)
AT853 sub-cardioid taper

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2006, 05:03:51 PM »
2) it distracts security

Perfected my stealth clap after a guy next to me looked at me funny when I was feebly clapping like an old lady. :-\  I look like the head of the fan club now, plus it shows my true appreciation to the performers.  8)
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline funkoff13

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2006, 01:22:06 PM »
2) it distracts security

Perfected my stealth clap after a guy next to me looked at me funny when I was feebly clapping like an old lady. :-\  I look like the head of the fan club now, plus it shows my true appreciation to the performers.  8)

I just clap, sing, woo hoo, start whistle wars, get laid get fucked.....etc with the full on intent of truly obtaining that 'live' experience and archiving it for the ages..

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com