Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Rack screw size?  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Swampy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Rack screw size?
« on: November 27, 2006, 04:53:02 PM »
Hey all. I need to get some rack screws soon, so I just want to run to the hardware store since I don't have time to order them online. Anyone know what the size of the screw is? I used to buy them, but I forget now. Thanks!

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Rack screw size?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 04:54:32 PM »
10-32 x .75" is what I use
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:01:51 PM »
Yeah, 10-32 3/4" is the correct size.
I doubt home dePOT will have 'em, but I could be wrong.
Shoot me an email and I'll send you out a handful, Swampy.
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

again, your showing your cluelessness.

Jah sitteth in Mount Zion
And rules all creation........

Offline Swampy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »
Thanks guys! Thanks for the offer, but I know that they have them, I've bought them there before. I just forgot the size. If they don't have them for some reason, I will definitely take you up on that offer! +Ts

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:32:51 PM »
dunno what your location is but Fry's and greybar usually have them. 
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »
Alex,

you say that you have bought them at Lowes/Home Depot before?  I need to pick up a handful as well and don't really feel like paying outrageous shipping for 'em.

Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Swampy

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 06:09:47 PM »
They might, but I get them my local mom & pop hardware store...

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 06:38:55 PM »
Hey, you wouldn't be planning on putting a couple of compressors in a rack now would ya?
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline Swampy

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 08:50:09 PM »
Hey, you wouldn't be planning on putting a couple of compressors in a rack now would ya?
:hmmm: No, but I don't have a lot to do tomorrow... Want me to do it so you have up for Borderless? ;D

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 08:59:36 PM »

166 + 166 = 332

/just sayin'
The new and improved taperssection.com....now with freedom of speech without the repercussion of -T's!

Offline joeshambro

• Taperssection Member
  • taper turned professional FOH mixer
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 09:05:47 PM »
i have a bunch of rack screws if you need some.  i'd be happy to mail them out.

Offline Swampy

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »

166 + 166 = 332

/just sayin'
Was it you that we bought them off? If so, YOU RAWK! If not, you still rawk, just slightly less ;)

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
    • Lucky
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 10:26:06 AM »

166 + 166 = 332

/just sayin'
Was it you that we bought them off? If so, YOU RAWK! If not, you still rawk, just slightly less ;)

332 :yack:

Actually Swamp, they're going to have to go in the drive rack, there's not enough space under the desk to get in in place of the EQ rack. Bummer. I don't have any rack screws (well... I'm sure I have some somewhere) so if you were to stop by Thursday night... ;D
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

Offline Swampy

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 10:39:24 AM »

166 + 166 = 332

/just sayin'

332 :yack:

Actually Swamp, they're going to have to go in the drive rack, there's not enough space under the desk to get in in place of the EQ rack. Bummer. I don't have any rack screws (well... I'm sure I have some somewhere) so if you were to stop by Thursday night... ;D
I'll buy some more today. I'll be coming early (hopefully) because I intend to 6 track the show, so lets do it early Thursday (My idea is to take the monitor EQ and put that in the drive rack, then put the comps in the EQ rack. So the EQ rack would be:
-Power Conditioner
-Verb
-Comps x 2
-House EQ

And the drive rack would be:
-Drive Processor
-Monitor EQ
-Amps X 3

MY .02. Lemmie know what you think. You set it how you want though...

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 10:44:37 AM »
As much as I like the size and sound of the Presonus ACP-88, those 166's were sure easier to read in a dark club.
Have fun with 'em!

Offline Swampy

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 10:46:48 AM »
As much as I like the size and sound of the Presonus ACP-88, those 166's were sure easier to read in a dark club.
Have fun with 'em!

:coolguy: Oh we will!

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
    • Lucky
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 11:13:58 AM »

I'll buy some more today. I'll be coming early (hopefully) because I intend to 6 track the show, so lets do it early Thursday (My idea is to take the monitor EQ and put that in the drive rack, then put the comps in the EQ rack. So the EQ rack would be:
-Power Conditioner
-Verb
-Comps x 2
-House EQ

-Drive Processor
-Monitor EQ
-Amps X 3

My thought is that because there's no light in the drive rack I'd sooner put the house/downstairs EQ in there because we go to it less often than the monitor EQs, but other than that, I think you've got a great idea there. We might have to run out and get some cables to move the EQs into the other rack though, depending on how long they are. If I can skip out early thursday I'll come over and gut the sucker with you. Might be a decent idea to do some labeling back there too, and add a quad box or two. We need more power at the FOH captain!

Offline Swampy

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 11:18:36 AM »

-Power Conditioner
-Verb
-Comps x 2
-House EQ

-Drive Processor
-Monitor EQ
-Amps X 3

My thought is that because there's no light in the drive rack I'd sooner put the house/downstairs EQ in there because we go to it less often than the monitor EQs, but other than that, I think you've got a great idea there. We might have to run out and get some cables to move the EQs into the other rack though, depending on how long they are. If I can skip out early thursday I'll come over and gut the sucker with you. Might be a decent idea to do some labeling back there too, and add a quad box or two. We need more power at the FOH captain!
Amen, sounds good. Maybe we should go shopping some time this week (Pianos N Stuff, Guitar Center?) :hmmm:

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
    • Lucky
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 11:21:37 AM »

-Power Conditioner
-Verb
-Comps x 2
-House EQ

-Drive Processor
-Monitor EQ
-Amps X 3

Amen, sounds good. Maybe we should go shopping some time this week (Pianos N Stuff, Guitar Center?) :hmmm:

We could be just like chicks going to the mall x-mas shopping, except shopping for cables and such ;D

Offline Swampy

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 11:25:01 AM »

-Power Conditioner
-Verb
-Comps x 2
-House EQ

-Drive Processor
-Monitor EQ
-Amps X 3

We could be just like chicks going to the mall x-mas shopping, except shopping for cables and such ;D
like, totally! ;)

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »
what's the drive processor? drive rack? lake?

i want one of these:

http://www.meyersound.com/616/

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
    • Lucky
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 12:05:25 PM »
DBX Drive Rack PA

Offline rokpunk

• WOULD HIT IT
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 09:39:44 PM »
DBX Drive Rack PA

I've got a couple of them too. I don't get much use out of them though. If you ever want another one (I have the mic for it too), drop me a line.
The Meyer Galileo is bad-ass, but for $8000, I think I can live without it right now. And considering the only thing I EQ on my Meyer rigs is about -6db of 250Hz to get the box sound out....I really don't think I need it.

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
    • Lucky
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 11:15:45 PM »
To tell you the truth, I haven't even touched it since I've been there (except for the time it bugged out before the Drew Emmitt show :P)

It's a really odd room and I'm not convinced that we could do a whole lot with it. I might x-over a little lower and add a little more oomph under 250hz, but it's just really a glorified crossover for me right now. I'll have to check the house patch, but I don't think the compressor is even in the loop.

edit to say: that's not true, I did add 2 or 3 db to the sub right after I got there, but that's it.

Offline Classicist

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 03:56:36 PM »
Some racks use metric screws.  If you use the 10-32 screws they will damage the threads.  I think it's mostly the computer data center racks that use the metric screws.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.209 seconds with 50 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com