Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: microtrack 1 recording static  (Read 1780 times)

Offline bewildered

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
microtrack 1 recording static
« on: October 23, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »
Ive had it for a year now, but have barely used it. I just finished recording with it using the T-mic and it worked fine, except that the resulting wav file could only be played with VLC for some reason. A couple weeks later i go to record and all im getting is static. I paid way too much (nearly $400) for this thing for it to work a few times and then crap out. Is this an established problem or is it does it sound like its done for? I'm only doing some live recording and dont have $400 to spend on another shoddy product that cant work for more than an hour at a time, can anyone recommend a solid inexpensive portable recorder that has either replaceable batteries or at least can last for a few hours?

Offline popskull

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Analog....the ultimate sampling frequency
Re: microtrack 1 recording static
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 08:40:23 PM »
It could be your media

Try using the flash card that came with the unit, and format it before recording

Offline popskull

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »
Since you havent taken it for a spin in a while, you might want to make sure your up on the latest firmware update from maudios site

Offline bewildered

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »
I just used it a few weeks ago, can a flash card just corrupt like that without being used? I dont even have the original card anymore. Damn, i knew the MT looked cheap when i bought it, should have went with the edirol.

Offline popskull

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:28:36 PM »
I just used it a few weeks ago, can a flash card just corrupt like that without being used? I dont even have the original card anymore. Damn, i knew the MT looked cheap when i bought it, should have went with the edirol.

Flash card do not generally go bad, but I suppose it can happen...........usually just reformatting and a firmware update will resolve most issues

Offline bewildered

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 12:25:28 AM »
Reformatted and updated firmware, still the same problem. One thing that really stands out is the right channel  is showing constant clipping, the red light is solid and the right channel on the LED is always maxed out but the left channel doesnt respond to anything. Does this mean the mic is messed up or the whole unit?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com