Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 drivers and software on win7  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Elana

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
JB3 drivers and software on win7
« on: June 27, 2010, 10:41:35 AM »
Anybody have any luck installing the JB3 drivers and software on Win7?  I use my JB3 as backup to my Microtrack, but I recorded a set just on the JB3 because I forgot my external USB battery for the Microtrack and I was worried I would run out of battery taping both the opener and main act.

I just got a new desktop after like 7 years, and it's got Windows 7 on it.  I'm trying to install the drivers, and they don't seem to be wanting to install.  I just downloaded them off of Creative's website.  I actually can't tell if they installed or not.  But I keep getting "an error occurred".

When I try to install Creative Playcenter it gives me some error about needing to install the latest "Soundblaster Live!" drivers.

Whenever I try to install Nomad Explorer it seems to install, but when I try to run it, it does nothing (maybe because the JB3 drivers did not install correctly).

I remember having a couple issues w/ getting PlayCenter running on my laptop (Win XP, and about 4-5 years ago), but I got the Nomad Explorer working.

Any suggestions?

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: JB3 drivers and software on win7
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »
I cant recall any reports of success regarding W7 and the JB3...

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »
I know this is sort of a lot of work, and I haven't tried it, but it's an idea I'll throw out there.

1. Install Sun VirtualBox (OS Visualization software) ~ http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
2. Install Ubuntu in VirtualBox (Linux OS) ~ http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download
3. Install Gnomad2 in Ubuntu (Linux Nomad Software) ~ http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/

You should be able to connect the JB3 to VirtualBox and then run Gnomad2 to get files off of your JB3.

Like I said, I haven't tried it (don't have a JB3 anymore). I don't see why it wouldn't work though. If you've never done anything like that before, it's not as scary as it looks. It might take a little time, but everything should work out of the box.

Oh, and all of that software is FREE.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline Elana

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »
That's actually a good idea.  I might try that.  Thanks.

I still have my old computer but I'd don't want to have to fire it up every time I need to take something off the JB3, which isn't very frequently, but still it's a pain.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com