Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Roland r-05 owners and users, the display light goes out completely? HELP 911  (Read 7601 times)

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
FYI

I had the roland r-05 running with display on, contrast at 5 and had it continually recording thru sonosax and DPA 4023 for 5 hours straight with no decrease in battery life on the display readout of the roland r-05.

I then just stopped at 5 hours.NOtelling how long with display light on, but one thing is for sure 5 hours your good.

What setting did you use to keep the display on?
On the menu under "Display Setup">"Backlight" "OFF" Keeps the backlight "on".
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline jbou

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Taperssection Member
Thanks

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
FYI

I had the roland r-05 running with display on, contrast at 5 and had it continually recording thru sonosax and DPA 4023 for 5 hours straight with no decrease in battery life on the display readout of the roland r-05.

I then just stopped at 5 hours.NOtelling how long with display light on, but one thing is for sure 5 hours your good.

What setting did you use to keep the display on?
On the menu under "Display Setup">"Backlight" "OFF" Keeps the backlight "on".

Right On the menu under " Display Setup">" backlight"I select it to "OFF" and this keeps the backlight " ON" all the time.

1. Also you can have the Display backlight ON all the time and the RED record button "OFF"or i should say not lit up when recording.
2. So exactly as stated On the Menu under " Display Setup"> " backlight" I select it to "OFF" and this keeps the backlight "ON" all the time.
3. So I had the Display backlight set to 1 " CONTRAST set to 5 on while I was connected to Sonosax>DPA4023 recording preamp +40DB each channel, with Edirol r-05 at different levels, such as 5, 15, and all the way up to 80.
4. Let it record for 5 hours straight with display backlight on, red record light off, and after 5 hours there was no sign of diminished battery life as shown on the " little battery icon". I stopped recording after 5 hours. I just felt like stopping.
5. So in summary The Edirol/Roland r-05 can record continously for at least 5 hours with DISPLAY backlight ON without  showing battery lose.

AGain if you hold A-B button and MENU at the same time you will get a " SPECIAL SET UP" under the display mode which allows you to change things such as record light, peak light, etc.
FYI--This special feature also works for the original R-09 and HR-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com