Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: edirol r-9 red light when vol adj  (Read 1647 times)

Offline bonghitwillie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
edirol r-9 red light when vol adj
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:17:28 PM »
just got this thing.  i have 1.3 firmware.  i am in power save mode.  when you hit rec/play the red light goes out after 2 seconds.  if you change the volume, the red light goes on and then off after 2 sec.  if i put light length to none in the menu, the red light stays on.  is this corerct?  is there a way to keep the red light off entirely?  thx in advance.

Offline jobseek2001

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Re: edirol r-9 red light when vol adj
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 01:48:47 AM »
Tape over it.
Maybe with a darkish plastic like in the garbage cans.

Why adjust volume? I never ever do that.

Offline bonghitwillie

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »
why adjust the volume?  i just got the thing.  i have no idea where the vol should be set.  i used it for the first time last night at a pretty quiet show. i used mic low.  which i guess is mic with a pad.  i had it up to 30.  the clapping almost made it up to 0.  the music was low.  i should have had it at full mic level(mic hi). until i get a handle on how this thing responds, i gotta adj the vol between songs.  plus i am almost always stealthing. 

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »
I think by "adjust the volume" you actually mean "adjust the input levels."  Opposite sides of the R-09.  No reason to adjust the volume, except maybe if you're monitoring, which I assume you wouldn't be doing S+34L+hin6.
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:23:10 PM »
Jobseek2001 is right on about the tape.

The first day I got mine I cut a small piece of electrical tape that just covers the part that lights up and then put a somwhat bigger piece of clear packing tape over it to be sure it stays in place. Stays on great and you can't see the light at all if you put the electrical tape on right.

Wish I also had an easy fix for the hard to open battery door, but NiMhs last so long I don' think I'll ever need to change batteries in the dark.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline bonghitwillie

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »
i am using 8g transend cards + rechargable 2650 duracells.  i think i can go 10+ hours on a single set of batts.  7.5 hours is no problem.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com