Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Phantom Power for Nak 701's  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Melanie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Phantom Power for Nak 701's
« on: March 20, 2019, 04:50:00 PM »
I have a set of Nak 701's that I want to convert to Phantom power if possible. I rewired them 28 years ago, they are on semi-permanent loan from a former taper. They came with female RCAs on the end of mics, orig. taper had intermittent signal loss, I replaced with BNC connectors. Orig. mod battery box had wrong components, low signal. Got a mod battery box that had proper wiring and components from Rob Gilde and replaced all connectors  on it with BNCs. That solved all issues, but now I want to run them into either my Tascam dr100mk3 or into my dr40 if possible. Melanie already has 4v's for her Tascam HDP2. Any advice would be appreciated. Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Phantom Power for Nak 701's
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 11:03:09 AM »
So you have a modded version for use with a battery box. Do you also have the mic bodies or just the attenuator and Cap parts? If you have the mic bodies they can be sent to Sank for his 48V mod which is done on the bodies. For that to work you would have to reverse the mod on your set and use those parts as originally intended, as in screw them back on the mic bodies. If all you have is what we refer to around here as a chopped mod or Franken Nak mod then I think your only other option would be PFA’s.

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 07:40:23 PM »
It's a frankenmod as far as I can see. Only  the upper part is there, the mod is wired from upper battery terminal. Don't know what PFA is, let me know details. Bob
Melanie and Bob

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...

Offline Melanie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 09:28:07 PM »
Thanks for link, looks like it solves my problem. Bob
Melanie and Bob

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com