Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Digidesigns' New Soundcards  (Read 3020 times)

Offline rustle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
Digidesigns' New Soundcards
« on: April 15, 2004, 05:57:23 AM »
I just received an e-mail about Digidesigns new soundcards. Here's a little bit about 'em. It looks like just PCI cards now, but maybe PCMCIA in the future ;D

"World premiere at NAB
The new industry standard: Digigram takes PCX range of sound cards to the next level
New HR series to feature 24-bit/192 kHz converters

New EtherSound products also on show

Dear Madame, Dear Sir,

Digigram's PCX range of sound cards is the world wide industry standard for sound cards in broadcast. Now we are taking it to the next level with the High Resolution Series for the most demanding applications in broadcast such as production, on-air, and logging.

We want you to be one of the first to see the new HR series. Please visit our booth N° N2522 (Radio Hall) to get first hand information on this new generation of PCX sound cards.

Feel free to contact us at (703) 875-9100 or input@digigram.com to make an appointment in advance.

World premiere: HR series of PCX range of sound cards

Presenting the High Resolution series for the most demanding applications in broadcast such as production, on-air, and logging. State of the art sound quality, more features, more processing power, and greater flexibility for custom developments make the new generation the No. 1 choice for pro audio manufacturers, software vendors, and broadcast companies. The PCX882HR and PCX881HR multichannel sound cards are the first to benefit from the characteristics of the HR series.

24-bit/192 kHz converters
Hardware sample rate converters (SRC) for simultaneous recording of digital signals with different sample frequencies
66 MHz/64-bit PCI interface
More DSP power
Low latency Digigram np and WDM DirectSound drivers
Short-length format
Companion board connector

PCX882HR and PCX881HR

8 inputs + 8 outputs
PCX882HR: analog and digital
PCX881HR: digital
Optional breakout box

We will also demonstrate our EtherSound technology for easy and cost-effective real-time audio distribution over standard Ethernet, featuring the recently launched miXart 8 ES multichannel sound card, EtherSound ES8mic, and EtherSound ES2out. Read more ...

© 2004 Digigram Inc.
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1004, Arlington, VA 22201, USA
input@digigram.com, www.digigram.com, tel. +1 703 875 9100, fax +1 703 875 9161"
"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
Re:Digidesigns' New Soundcards
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 01:24:12 PM »
how do you like the 002?  I'm still in the stone ages with my original 001 (vintage  ;) )  Regardless, I rarely even use it anymore as I use Nuendo at work and am really liking it.  
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 02:56:31 PM »
getting ready to upgrade the MOTU828 to the 828mkii with the 896HD.
the mic pre's arent the best on the MOTU gear, but we use ART tube pres or my V2 and run those line-in to the MOTU.

828mkii only $750...thats a STEAL!

the water's clean and innocent

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 12:43:01 PM »
the digidesign stuff is ok.  the problem is thats the best way to get protools.  for studio work we've gone to using 3 rosetta 800s instead of any of the digidesign stuff.  their a/d convertors just sound awful to my ears.

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 03:00:58 PM »
Tell it to the clients who call wanting to verify you've got Pro Tools. It's called industry standard.

ProTools WAS the standard.
many studios have begun the switch to Digital Performer and Logic FROM ProTools.
Digidesigns' hardware is still really good and it integrates nicely into PT, but the software end has been over taken by competitors who have full compatability with the Digidesign hardware.

ProTools/Digidesign is like the Microsoft of the DAW world...its the company everyone knows of allready, regardless if it's best or not
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 03:31:39 PM by m0k3 »

the water's clean and innocent

jpschust

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 11:30:59 PM »
i really like protools but man i hate their hardware.  

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com