Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: question about mic stands (noobC)  (Read 2753 times)

Offline WolfmanDMB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
question about mic stands (noobC)
« on: March 07, 2006, 01:10:55 AM »
im looking to buy a mic stand for my sp c-4s and am looking for recommendations. i hear a lot of people use just regular light stands but i dont know where to look or what height/footprint/model to look for. im thinking something like up to 13 or 15 feet. also, my c-4s come with a bar to connect the shockmounts to and have a scre-type hole in the middle. would i need an adapter or perhaps a new vertical bar to hook the shockmounts to and then to the stand or could i use the c-4 bar with a stand and no adapter? price is a factor, with the max being around 100 or 115 and would need it within a few weeks. any help is much appreciated.
video rig: light > canon zr70mc > minidv

audio rig: sp c4's > ps-2 > ad-20 > jb3

Offline jdawg

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: question about mic stands (noobC)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 01:46:18 AM »
Check out http://www.micsupply.com for stands. I use the Manfrotto Basic 9 which is fine for bars/clubs, that sort of thing. Easy to lug around, too. If you plan on taping a lot of festivals/arenas, you may want something taller though. In the end you might find yourself with more than one stand to suit the purpose (I've got 3  ::) )

Offline WolfmanDMB

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 02:10:34 AM »
Check out http://www.micsupply.com for stands. I use the Manfrotto Basic 9 which is fine for bars/clubs, that sort of thing. Easy to lug around, too. If you plan on taping a lot of festivals/arenas, you may want something taller though. In the end you might find yourself with more than one stand to suit the purpose (I've got 3  ::) )

great info. i like the bogen basic 12. ill keep it in mind as i get more info about other stands.

Offline WolfmanDMB

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:58:02 PM »
^

Offline TheWildKindness

• Taperssection Member
    • Archivist Records
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 09:17:36 PM »
im looking to buy a mic stand for my sp c-4s and am looking for recommendations. i hear a lot of people use just regular light stands but i dont know where to look or what height/footprint/model to look for. im thinking something like up to 13 or 15 feet. also, my c-4s come with a bar to connect the shockmounts to and have a scre-type hole in the middle. would i need an adapter or perhaps a new vertical bar to hook the shockmounts to and then to the stand or could i use the c-4 bar with a stand and no adapter? price is a factor, with the max being around 100 or 115 and would need it within a few weeks. any help is much appreciated.

I have the same set-up as you. Anyway...as far as attaching the t-bar to a stand...I'm not sure if you'll need an adaptor. There is an adaptor on the t-bar that came with the C4's. You'll notice that the threading in the middle of the t-bar is pretty small (European size?)....if needed, simply take a coin and slide it into the notch and unscrew it. It will come out and then you can attach the t-bar to any stand. Depending on which mic stand you buy though, you may need a 3/8>5/8 adaptor. For now I am just using an 'on-stage' mic stand. It's a bit bulky (wide footprint), but it's all I could afford and it let's my fly my mics atleast 8 feet...so until I can upgrade, it will do the job. +T for the new toys!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:26:09 PM by TheWildKindness »
For Sale: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 & 20 GB JB3 - http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=127307.0

Stealth: AT831's > SP-SPSB-1 > JB3

Open: (BM2p+ mod) UA-5 > JB3

Extras: Sharp MD-DR480

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 10:21:07 PM »
I use the Manfrotto Basic 9 which is fine for bars/clubs, ... (I've got 3  ::) )

3 Stands?  Lol... the last few times I have seen you, you have been clamped on. ;-} Next time it is my turn not to bring the stand in.   :P t+
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline jdawg

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 11:44:25 PM »
I use the Manfrotto Basic 9 which is fine for bars/clubs, ... (I've got 3  ::) )

3 Stands?  Lol... the last few times I have seen you, you have been clamped on. ;-} Next time it is my turn not to bring the stand in.   :P t+

oh yeah, can I clamp on this Friday at The Bash?  :yack:

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:48:09 AM »

oh yeah, can I clamp on this Friday at The Bash?  :yack:

You know it... It's all good.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com