Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: looking for a set of mic's to go with....  (Read 1477 times)

Offline wheresjerry

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Deadicated boater....
    • Music List
looking for a set of mic's to go with....
« on: December 15, 2007, 03:23:09 PM »
my Oade BCM mod Marantz PMD 671....Does anybody out there have any suggestions as which mic I should consider to go with my unit.  I currently own a Rode NT-4 (which so far has been good to me), but looking to expand in the mic department...other than the phantom power the 671 offers, I do not have any other supply.  Other than my Rode, which has built in power via 9v battery, does any other mic use this type of power, so I do not have to get into additional equipment, or what else do you TS'ers have to offer me for ideas....

thanks in advance!
Neumann. KM184>zoom f8,  pax 2 vaporizor, AlienEars, Neumann KM184,AKG 390 bodies w/ ck91and ck93 caps, Rode NT-4 ,  SP-CMC-25>battery box>Oade concert mod pmd 620......  and lot's a stuff....playback Yamaha rx-v 663,LG BD590, bose accumass 5 speakers, ears and AKG 701's....
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/wheresjerry

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
Re: looking for a set of mic's to go with....
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »
depends on your budget and choice of flavors...  Check out archive for some sources.  do a search for 671 and you will find more stuff than you can listen through.  Personally I like the peluso cemc6 with that box.
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com