Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz PMD620 arrived today!  (Read 1443 times)

Offline BitRater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Gizmo Planet Electronics Reviews
Marantz PMD620 arrived today!
« on: March 11, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »
:realhappy:

After a bit of research and hemming and hawing, I decided to get the Marantz PMD620 recorder.
It arrived today.

After unboxing it, I had a chance to do a quick test recording with just the internal mics.

This recording was done in manual record level mode, with mic sensitivity set to -12dB, to avoid overloading.
Bit rate is 24 bits, sampling rate is 48Khz.

The file was processed in Audacity but only to increase audio level. A sample of the audio is attached.

So far, I have to say I'm both impressed and pleased with the sound quality. It's definitely better than the Zoom H2 - crisper, clearer.

(although nobody seems to want to buy my Zoom H2 despite the very reasonable price I'm asking for it).

Build quality of the PMD620 is good, although parts of the recorder seem a little flimsy. By the same token, with batteries in, the recorder
feels more solid than the H2. Ergonomics are good too, with all controls falling readily to one's fingers, and they feel pretty good.

Offline Yane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Marantz PMD620 arrived today!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:42:20 AM »
I've found it to be tougher than it seems. Mine has taken two headers from table height to concrete floor with no ill effects.  I agree that the internal mics are perfectly usable. It will sound even better with external mics.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com