Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Sennheiser MKE2 Waterproof GoPro mic - hacks and modifications

<< < (39/39)

illconditioned:

--- Quote from: Moke on August 12, 2019, 09:41:33 PM ---MKE2 mod pair, spaced 14', and secured tight to hard reflective balcony face (drywall) as Boundary Layer Effect stereo

My audio, and pro video...

--- End quote ---
Excellent.  Glad to hear the video guy(s) used it as well.

Popmarter:
I wonder what the difference is with the well-known Soundman OKM mic series. They are omni's and have several version (SOLO, ROCK, ROCK STUDIO)

http://www.soundman.de/en/products/okm-ii-studio-rock/

From the site
The OKM II Rock Studio  is made for extraordinary high sound pressure  like hard-rock-music even recorded direct on stage. The Rock-Version is providing a hugh headroom for extrem high sound pressure up to  142 dB.
For OKM II Rock Studio microphones we use Sennheiser capsuls.

technical data sheet
directional characteristic: omni directional
frequency response: 2o….2o ooo Hz +/- 3dB
sensitivity: 5 mV/Pa +/- 3 dB
-46 dB ref 1V/Pa +/- 3dB
sound field: reversed
max. sound pressure SPL: 132 dB (142 dB, K= 3 % U gr. als 7,5 V, R=18 kOhm)

Equivalent S/N ratio level
db ( A ), effective 26 dB
peek value ( CCIR 468-2 filter: 39 dB
feeding voltage: 4,5 V…+15 V

aaronji:

--- Quote from: Popmarter on November 30, 2019, 05:09:41 PM ---I wonder what the difference is with the well-known Soundman OKM mic series. They are omni's and have several version (SOLO, ROCK, ROCK STUDIO)

--- End quote ---

I have no idea, but I have a pair of MKE2s wired to a single 3.5 mm jack. You are welcome to borrow them sometime, if you'd like. I have run them with no battery box into a Marantz PMD620 (~4.5 - 5 V plug-in power) with good results many times. It has been too long, in any event, so we should get together for a show even if you don't want to borrow the mics!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version