Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-Audiofile for windows  (Read 67782 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: DVD-Audiofile for windows
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2006, 01:01:13 PM »
i always cut my 24bit files with cdwav the same way I do 16bit files, but I don't think you neccessarily have to.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2006, 01:33:54 PM »
i always cut my 24bit files with cdwav the same way I do 16bit files, but I don't think you neccessarily have to.
What sample rate are your 24 bit files?
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2006, 01:37:29 PM »
24/44.1

but i have a pioneer elite dvd/a player.  *shrug*  but everything i've put in it has been fine, even mine.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RebelRebel

« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2006, 01:45:43 PM »
I dont know what the deal is. Mine has been fine so far, as an additional player....got my fingers crossed itll stay fine.

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »
I dont know what the deal is. Mine has been fine so far, as an additional player....got my fingers crossed itll stay fine.
Are you running region free firmware or factory installed firmware?
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2006, 03:23:10 PM »
Anyone interested in sending me a known gapless DVD-A to try on my HD841?
Anyone interested in trying a DVD-A that I burned to see if it plays gapless on their known gapless player? (Sorry, but my stuff is still 44.1 kHz @ 16 bit, but I'd still like to know if it works on a Pioneer machine in case I can't get this HD841 to work.)

What bothers me is that I'm seeing conflicting reporst about whether the HD841 does gapless playback.  It makes me wonder if there's more to the story than just the model of player.

RebelRebel

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »
A friend of mine owns one and his has gapless playback too.  ???Color me puzzled. for the money it has already paid for itself.

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »
Where did you buy yours, Teddy?  I've seen some posts on other message boards that suggest that the European versions are a different design than the ones sold in the US.

RebelRebel

« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »
ebay deutschland. ...I guess thats why!

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2006, 08:00:47 PM »
Well, looking back at some of those posts, the main difference in European vs. US versions has to do with firmware configuration.  The European versions are programmed to default to PAL and the US versions are programmed to look for NTSC first.  I can't imagine that that's the problem.

Still, there has to be something that's affecting whether or not the unit is gapless.

Seriously, I'd like to try out a DVD-A that someone else found to be gapless on a HD841 and see how it plays on mine.  Anyone willing to loan me one?  Anyone willing to try the DVD-A that I burned and see if it's gapless on their HD841?  It may be that I'm not burning good DVD-A's.  Whatever it is, I'd like to figure it out.

Offline shruggy1987

• Taperssection Member
  • Team Ithaca
« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2006, 09:26:06 AM »
scott-
the files for DVD-Audiofile are "not found" on your server.  just wondering if there is any other way to get the install files - i'm excited to try this out.

SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 (coax out) > M-Audio Microtrack
SP LSD2 > bm2 UA-5 > MacBook Pro

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #146 on: March 22, 2006, 09:33:03 AM »

Offline shruggy1987

• Taperssection Member
  • Team Ithaca
« Reply #147 on: March 22, 2006, 09:40:48 AM »
that is working, but the link on the first page doesn't contain the files.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #148 on: March 22, 2006, 09:44:27 AM »
the link on page 1 works fine for me

Offline shruggy1987

• Taperssection Member
  • Team Ithaca
« Reply #149 on: March 22, 2006, 09:52:47 AM »
the link works, but the files aren't there for me.  are you hosting the site locally?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.343 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com