Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Studio Projects C4 Hyper Caps Update  (Read 5652 times)

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
Studio Projects C4 Hyper Caps Update
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:56:25 AM »
Just a FYI that I e-mailed Studio Projects about the availability of hyper caps for the C4s, and got this reply:

We are indeed developing a hypercardioid capsule for the C4 small condenser. It is not on the market yet, but I am slated to do some more work on my prototypes towards the end of this month, at which point I could probably finish - provided I don't have some other deadline. Hypercardioid patterns are fairly easy to make - the hard part is making them sound good and that can be time-consuming.
The capsule would show up in the next production run of C4's, but that probably won't happen 'til fourth quarter of this year. There is however, the distinct probability that once a production model is ready and being built, we will have a quantity flown over and available through our website. Price: dunno. I'd have to sit down with Alan, but I'm sure they won't break the bank.
When the capsules do become available, either Alan or myself will post on taperssection.com as well as our own website to give everyone a heads-up. 
Thanks for your interest. I've seen some good words about the C4's on the taperssection site and I'm really happy that people are getting good use out of them.
Let me or Alan know if you have any further questions. He'll either answer you directly or flip it to me if he's overrun, or if the question is of a technical matter that he would rather I address.

Sincerely,

Brent Casey
PMI Audio Group
Studio Projects  Stephen Paul Microphones 
Joemeek   Toft Audio Designs  Sony Pro Audio   
1845 W. 169th St.
Gardena, Ca. 90247
toll free: 877-563-6335 local: 310-323-9050
url: www.pmiaudio.com

Offline Bdifr78

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Studio Projects C4 Hyper Caps Update
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 09:31:26 PM »
Great +T!  That is much more affirmative sounding than the previous news updates on the hypers.  So many people use C4s that Studio Projects would probably make a ton of money when these do come out.
Joe
Neumann KM140s>Bumblebee MIAGI-II XLRs>Lunatec V3>SD722

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 06:49:40 AM »
+T for the news hoss.Course I will probably have sold mine by then, but oh well.

Ray

Ray76

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 06:09:09 PM »
Just a FYI that I e-mailed Studio Projects about the availability of hyper caps for the C4s, and got this reply:

We are indeed developing a hypercardioid capsule for the C4 small condenser. It is not on the market yet, but I am slated to do some more work on my prototypes towards the end of this month, at which point I could probably finish - provided I don't have some other deadline. Hypercardioid patterns are fairly easy to make - the hard part is making them sound good and that can be time-consuming.
The capsule would show up in the next production run of C4's, but that probably won't happen 'til fourth quarter of this year. There is however, the distinct probability that once a production model is ready and being built, we will have a quantity flown over and available through our website. Price: dunno. I'd have to sit down with Alan, but I'm sure they won't break the bank.
When the capsules do become available, either Alan or myself will post on taperssection.com as well as our own website to give everyone a heads-up. 
Thanks for your interest. I've seen some good words about the C4's on the taperssection site and I'm really happy that people are getting good use out of them.
Let me or Alan know if you have any further questions. He'll either answer you directly or flip it to me if he's overrun, or if the question is of a technical matter that he would rather I address.

Sincerely,

Brent Casey
PMI Audio Group
1845 W. 169th St.
Gardena, Ca. 90247

Now I just called an was told something COMPLETELY different. guy at pmi said that the hypers arent something they are even focusing on at the moment. The guy said there was NO WAY the caps would be out at all this year. He also said that no hyper caps were being designed specifically for the c-4s , but that hyper caps for a new line of sp mics, the e series would be cross compatible. Also said that the vast majority of c-4 owners arent really asking about the hyper caps. To date, says he personally has only had about 20 requests for the hypers. Sounds like the right doesnt know what the left is up to.

damn. >:(

Ray

Offline Swampy

• You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 10:07:28 AM »

Sincerely,

Brent Casey
PMI Audio Group
1845 W. 169th St.
Gardena, Ca. 90247

Now I just called an was told something COMPLETELY different. guy at pmi said that the hypers arent something they are even focusing on at the moment. The guy said there was NO WAY the caps would be out at all this year. He also said that no hyper caps were being designed specifically for the c-4s , but that hyper caps for a new line of sp mics, the e series would be cross compatible. Also said that the vast majority of c-4 owners arent really asking about the hyper caps. To date, says he personally has only had about 20 requests for the hypers. Sounds like the right doesnt know what the left is up to.

damn. >:(

Ray
I think I would trust Brent's word. He's the man over there...

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 10:21:02 AM »
what a cool company, nice to see them so responsive
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline tbrown4

• Trade Count: (45)
    • Tim's Adventures in Sound
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 01:34:06 AM »
So....any word on these?
AKG C460Bs/A61s/CK61s or CK63s -> Naiant LittleBox -> Edirol R09-HR

http://timothydavidbrown.blogspot.com/

FS: Dead Muppets. Custom "dead rat" style windscreen covers
$25/pair, shipped. Various color/pattern choices
Currently not building orders, the "shop" is temporarily closed. Accepting names on a waiting list.
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=137563.msg1786318

Offline paullySC

• Taperssection Member
  • I'll stir fry you in my wok
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 10:50:20 AM »
I emailed studio projects about 8 weeks ago and they told me they were scheduled to be released this fall. He also said they are releasing a new product this fall but I couldn't get him to tell me what it was hehe.

paul
"If you were supposed to watch your mouth all the time I doubt your eyes would be above it."

Studio Projects C4 > PMD 660 ACM

Shows:

Offline jibooer

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Searching for the perfect jam...
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 11:42:26 PM »
the phall time frame seems to be the answer everybody has been given, maybe by Xmas time, Santa will be delivering some good caps to all the good taper boys and girls.... ::)
Mics: AKG c460b (ck61, ck62, ck63, ck1x, ck3x), NBob Actives, Naiant Actives, ADK A-51TL
Pres: Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2
Cables: GAKables exclusively, AKG MK46, Naiant PFA's
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Edirol R-44
CPU for DSP: Toshiba Satellite A660 i7 > audioengineD1
Cans: ATH-50
VINYL: Rega Planar 3 > Rega Brio-R > Wharfedale EVO2-30

Offline halleyscomet8

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 01:28:58 AM »
the fall ::) ::). that is about 3 months right. i believe it was april that i was told 3 months. the last 2 emails i have sent have not received a return. so i'll belive it when it happens hopefully by 2007 ;)
my shows on the archive: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/halleyscomet8
And, yes, I know I suck about getting stuff circulated.  ;)

Offline eclark

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • eclark @ archive.org
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 02:11:42 PM »
any word on this?   :o
akg 460b + ck61 (-10db) > MixPre-D > Sony PCM M10

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »
Visit TEAM STUDIO PROJECTS in the Team Boards area...

From a community perspective it would be useful if comments, experiences, etc. specific to Studio Projects gear made it into the Mics & Setup forum, so those who don't run SP, but want to remain up to date on happenings, don't have to root through a 25-page Team SP thread to glean little nuggest of info like...when hypers are due.  That said, by all means, keep all the social BS and other schlock down in the Team forum!  :P  Just a thought...
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) > Roland R-05

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 01:22:59 PM »
I went to the Team SP thread about a week ago after seeing this thread and still didn't find any new info...maybe I missed it, but there's a ton of posts to sort through.

The SP website doesn't mention anything about it.

Anyway, just curious...

:P

Offline rocknroll54

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 03:22:06 PM »
Hey guys, quick question about the C4's.
Tomorrow night is going to be my 1st time taping, it'll be Rusted Root. I'm wondering what the switch is on the top of my mics, and where it should be when I'm taping. I know I'm a n00b, but help would be pretty sweet.

Thanks guys
C4's>Art Phantom II>MIT 176's>JB3

Offline rdflash

• I am the Mike Jordan of Recordin'
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »
Hey guys, quick question about the C4's.
Tomorrow night is going to be my 1st time taping, it'll be Rusted Root. I'm wondering what the switch is on the top of my mics, and where it should be when I'm taping. I know I'm a n00b, but help would be pretty sweet.

Thanks guys

-10 Decibel switch, dont use it for rusted root, but something like tool.
Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car, than I have with a gun.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com