Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: tm-st1  (Read 1428 times)

Offline gary0214

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
tm-st1
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:33:50 AM »
hey y'all.  dumb questions from a newbie.  i know the tascam tm-st1 isn't a high quality mic and it's probably useless to most folks on this forum, but i ordered one for cheap experimenting.  my questions are:

• it's battery powered, so i figure this would be a candidate to be plugged into my tascam dr-2d's line-in input.  is that correct?
  • do you think it would provide better sound quality than the built-in mics on the tascam dr-2d?

if this mic will work with the line-in, then when it arrives i'll use the dr-2d's dual recording feature such that i end-up with a line-in recording on 1 stereo track and a 2nd stereo track from the internal mics.  it'll be interesting to compare (and mix) the two recordings.  i only use the dr-2d to record band practices.

additional questions:

• i can't remember the model of stealth microphone i bought from soundpros a year ago, but i they're clip-on mics that were in the $60 range.  which would provide better sound quality: the battery powered tascam tm-st1 or the soundpros mics with a battery box into line-in?
  • who sells the most affordable battery box?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com