Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG Shotgun setup in medium/large size clubs... worth it?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
AKG Shotgun setup in medium/large size clubs... worth it?
« on: March 01, 2006, 01:26:09 AM »
Hey all.... The only shotgun recordings I've done in the past have been with my Nak 104s at festivals.  For setup I try to get FOB and then just point straight to the stacks.

Now I've upgraded to akg480s and should have a pair of 69 caps here in a week or so.  For festivals I'll probably do the point to stack strategy again. But a while ago it was suggested that I may want to consider the mini-shotgun for venues where I am 25' back or further.  In these cases I'm pretty sure I would still want to point straight to the stacks but wanted to see what other people suggested.  I've never done shotgun at close range.  Should I try point to the stack or do some kind of DIN etc?

The other option is stick with the 61 or 63s for the smaller venues.  I'll probably have to do different configs to see whats best  but thought I would get your  .02.

Stay Kind,
Dana
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
Re: AKG Shotgun setup in medium/large size clubs... worth it?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:00:33 AM »
Go with the 63s for small clubs.  There's always chatter in clubs, and the 63s will mitigate it quite a bit of it.  I would use the shotguns when you're in the back of the floor of the bigger arena, where distance and low SPLs is an issue.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com