Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone in need of transferring old cassette masters?  (Read 3166 times)

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
Anyone in need of transferring old cassette masters?
« on: December 04, 2011, 11:01:25 AM »
I'm searching for you tapers out there, who used to tape shows (mostly rock and heavy stuff) with analog taperecorders and are in need to have them digitalized.

I have a Nakamichi Dragon tapedeck that needs to be fed!  ;D

I do the work for free and can pay the postage back to you afterwards.

Would be totally great to have some old masters that needs to be digitalized in the best possible way. If the cassette-shell is wornout, I can change it for a new one. Makes a lot of difference if the tape is wobbly.

I live in Sweden, and I'm a very active taper/uploader on the dimeadozen forum. Nickname here and there: jontebus.

PM me for interest!

All the best
// Jonas Karlsson

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Anyone in need of transferring old cassette masters?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:48:11 AM »
I have a lot of masters from '90 - 94 that need to be digitized.  I switched to DAT in 1995.  I need to compile them and get back to you with what I have.  It is mostly "classic" rock with some hard rock/heavy metal.  Thanks for the offer.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 10:57:11 AM »
Do so, I'm happy to be able to help. Let's start with 3-4 shows and we'll see what comes out of it.

/Jonas

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »
I miss my NAK Dragon....

Thanks for spreading and preserving the music, jontebus.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
It's a nice hobby I have nowdays  ;)

I've had great results in preserving my own masters since the decision of buying myself a Dragon-deck, and when I sent it in for restoration at B&W in England it has never sounded better!

Quiet as a mouse and with great results!

Anyone else in for this - let me know. I prefer rock or metal, but other material could be fun too  ::)

/Jonas

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »
Really nobody else that wants me to transfer som old cassette master recordings?

You could search for me on dimeadozen "jontebus", I upload a lot and have a good reputation.

/Jonas

Offline OldNeumanntapr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »
Hi Jonas,

I think you did a b&p for me a few years ago for some AC/DC. Thanks again for that. :)

I transfer my cassette masters with my D5. I always thought the Nak decks were very fussy and didn't like to play tapes made on other machines with true hi fidelity. (My ex-father in law had a TEAC V-95RX that I inherited after he passed. That was a very high end deck in the early 80's and it definitely didn't like to play tapes made on other decks. It was very unforgiving.)

I know the Nak decks have a bias control. Do you have to re calibrate that every time you make a recording from another tape source?

Offline Jonas Karlsson

• Taperssection Member
  • Taper since 1992
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 05:13:11 PM »
Hi Jonas,

I think you did a b&p for me a few years ago for some AC/DC. Thanks again for that. :)

I transfer my cassette masters with my D5. I always thought the Nak decks were very fussy and didn't like to play tapes made on other machines with true hi fidelity. (My ex-father in law had a TEAC V-95RX that I inherited after he passed. That was a very high end deck in the early 80's and it definitely didn't like to play tapes made on other decks. It was very unforgiving.)

I know the Nak decks have a bias control. Do you have to re calibrate that every time you make a recording from another tape source?

The Nakamichi will settle for any tape, it uses the NAAC-function for every tape I put in. I feel most secure by forwarding the tape to where there is music heard, and let the Nak use the NAAC for 4-5 seconds to "calibrate" for the tape being played. I sent this deck to B&W in England for a clean-up and total makeover. Before I did, it sounded like the little bit of paper you put in your bike wheels as a child, to make the bike sound like a motorcycle. Now it's quiet as a mouse and all you hear is the motor of the heads settling in during the calibration.

/Jonas

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com