Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help with recording at a Denver club  (Read 2584 times)

Offline andrewgivens

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Help with recording at a Denver club
« on: November 23, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »
  I am trying to convince Beta night club in Denver that they should record shows, and make those shows available via download.  I told them that I know than numerous jam bands have done this, and generated revenue, as wellnasnpromoting their own music.  I am sure not all artists would be on board, but it would mean a great deal to bring the gift of taping to my local club.  I want to know if anyone out there can refer me to a company that could manage that for the club?  I feel like I have a lot better chance of sucess if I can point them to a solution rather than just offering a suggestion.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
Re: Help with recording at a Denver club
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
Isn't Beta primarily a dance club (with DJ's and such)?

I can't imagine the investment/effort would be worth the return for them.

In order to sell the recordings (assuming they aren't giving them away), they need to have customers. I'm under the impression (from the people I know that have gone there), that they probably wouldn't sell very many copies. Many of my friends that go there have asked me why I bother recording the concerts I go to, asking why would I ever want to hear a concert again? I just don't think they get it.
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com