Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Amp Stands (Boos Butcher Block)  (Read 2247 times)

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Amp Stands (Boos Butcher Block)
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:49:16 AM »
So with the pending arrival of the new gear I'm wondering what everyone is using for an amp stand.  The plan was to get the VTI BL series since it is WAF friendly, but I've also thought about using the John Boos butcher blocks and adding some spikes and black stain.  The only plus I see in going with the VTI is that I can get the amp stand and then add a 7" piece to hold the center channel.

I'd like to hear what others are using.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: Amp Stands (Boos Butcher Block)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »
Since the weather was pretty bad today I had time to research amp stands.  I found a site that has some very nice solid maple blocks.  I then searched www.timbernation.com at audiocircle and found the owner to be a member over there. 

www.timbernation.com

looks like some nice stuff, but $$$ for a chunk of wood.  I might head out to the lumber yard and see if they have solid maple slabs.

sc

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:27:47 AM »
These look to be a good deal and of better construction

http://www.racksandstands.com/Lovan-L-SOV-FAMP-LV1009.html

I'll be getting the 4" and 7" version, but I will not be buying the $70 shelf.  Since it is only black MDF, I can got buy a 2' x 4' sheet of 3/4" MDF at Home Depot and make my own for probably $20 after paint and poly.  Dimensions for the shelf are post on the Lovan site.

sc

Offline bkirby

• Taperssection Member
  • Schoeps/MGs > M148/248 > SD722
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »
I actually purchased some good sized butcher blocks from Lowes, and ordered some spikes from PartsExpress and made my own. They work just fine for me! Here's a link to them right after I had made them...
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,62540.0.html

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:24:16 PM »
Yup, I did the butcher block thing with spikes as well & posted them on here. I stained them to match my stand & they look great. I did a pair for my mono's.

I was thinking the other night when I was listening to some music that I still never posted my homemade record cleaning machine, next time I get up there I need to post some pics like I promised.
I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com