Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how do you live stream a show  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Muddy Das

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
how do you live stream a show
« on: September 08, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »
so i did a test run in my house hooked my mics into my ua5 and usb into my computer which is fairly old everything light up on the ua5 but nothing was being broadcasting i turned on another computer and tuned in but dead air. on the drop down in the ustream player/broadcaster in set it audiocapterdevice it said edirol ua5. so not sure what is going wrong please help i am suppose to stream a show on oct27th thanks

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
Re: how do you live stream a show
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:48:50 PM »
Muddy, are you in Mass. (or near)?  I run the same setup - I'd be happy to get together to show you what I know.  I just can't type it all up at the moment because I'd have to break out the gear and set it up so I could type it up.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline Muddy Das

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:08:14 AM »
hey that would be cool, i am planning on going to penuche's in concord nh on the 29th to see donkilo. if your game we could meet up before the show and go over things. 

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »
Not going to make it to Concord.  We can figure it out.  Have you tried using the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder?  Back when I started, it was superior to uStream's, so I've stuck with it, although I have heard the uStream's has improved to the point that either is a good choice.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:01:19 AM by vanark »
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline vegeta_ban

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 04:53:49 PM »
I use something called adobe FME. When using the web based broadcaster be sure to select the ua5 as the audio source, then check your audio sources "recording sources" in your computers control panel, you may it turned down low.
Mics: Telefunken ELA M 260 Field Kit; Nakamichi cm 100/CP4 shotgun (CP 1&2); Nakamichi Cm 300 (CP 1, 2, & 3) x3  JB phantom power mod; Nakamichi Cm 1000s; Superlux CMH8K
Recorders: Sound Devices 722; Zoom F8; Edirol R44 Oade Concert Mod; Digimod UA5>Nomad Jukebox 3 (or Archos 605 wifi); Zoom H2; Zoom H6
Camcorder: Panasonic PV-GS300
Camera: Fujifilm X-E1 & various lenses; Fujifilm s100fs; Fujifilm S7000
Misc: Beachtek SVU-2

Offline easyed

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • get your Jam in the Can
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
I use something called adobe FME. When using the web based broadcaster be sure to select the ua5 as the audio source, then check your audio sources "recording sources" in your computers control panel, you may it turned down low.
Do you also need Flash Media Server to use Adobe FME?  If not, what do you need?  Any pointers to sites with good instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Beyerdynamic CK-930s > Naiant Tinybox or Littlebox > Sony PCM-M10 or
DPA 4061's > Core Sound Battery Box > Sony PCM-M10 or
matrix: Sound Devices 744T or
multitracking: Audient ASP008 preamps > JoeCo Blackbox BBR1B

Offline vegeta_ban

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 07:27:17 AM »
Do you also need Flash Media Server to use Adobe FME?  If not, what do you need?  Any pointers to sites with good instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
No you do not need a media server. If i had the money for one i would use one though, avoid ustream etc.

What I do is go to the advanced section (now Remote paage) in ustream and download the XML file. Open up FME and then load the file you just downloaded. I tend to stream at the highest audio quality possible.
Mics: Telefunken ELA M 260 Field Kit; Nakamichi cm 100/CP4 shotgun (CP 1&2); Nakamichi Cm 300 (CP 1, 2, & 3) x3  JB phantom power mod; Nakamichi Cm 1000s; Superlux CMH8K
Recorders: Sound Devices 722; Zoom F8; Edirol R44 Oade Concert Mod; Digimod UA5>Nomad Jukebox 3 (or Archos 605 wifi); Zoom H2; Zoom H6
Camcorder: Panasonic PV-GS300
Camera: Fujifilm X-E1 & various lenses; Fujifilm s100fs; Fujifilm S7000
Misc: Beachtek SVU-2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.129 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com