Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ideas for a Permanent Venue Mic Stand/Tree  (Read 4904 times)

Offline Walstib62

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Ideas for a Permanent Venue Mic Stand/Tree
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 10:56:07 AM »
Without pics for a visual, I'm going to assume that the 1/2 wall is a 2x4 stud frame wall. The simplest, cheapest way to do it would be to get a pair of threaded pipe flanges to screw to the wall, and basically make a horiz. railing with threaded pipe that faces the stage. Then, several rigs can be clamped to the railing at a time.

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 03:57:15 PM »
Without pics for a visual, I'm going to assume that the 1/2 wall is a 2x4 stud frame wall. The simplest, cheapest way to do it would be to get a pair of threaded pipe flanges to screw to the wall, and basically make a horiz. railing with threaded pipe that faces the stage. Then, several rigs can be clamped to the railing at a time.

Yes, that's what it is...a 2x4 frame wall with a 1x6 platform on the top for people to rest their drinks. 

I like your idea...simple and cheap.  Could use lightweight pipe to keep the overall weight down.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »
That's basically what I was trying to suggest above but didn't include enough information. A couple of flanges and a couple of 90 degree elbows and you're pretty much set except for three pieces of pipe. All you need to determine is how long a rail you want and how far from the stub wall you want it (that and the diameter of the pipe). With a round pipe numerous types of clamps can be affixed. Simple, solid and relatively inexpensive.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com