Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: car speaker recs?  (Read 2656 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
car speaker recs?
« on: November 22, 2004, 08:15:15 AM »
im doing some browsing online,a nd will hopefully get out this week and look in some stores

at this point i just want to replace all the factory speakers that are left, and replace my 2 6x9's (one is blown)

i need
2- 6x9's (bottomw mount if that matters)
2- 5 1/4" speakers for the front doors

i dont have alot of experience with anything but polk and kicker subs,a nd exclipse highs. ive never really had to buy either of these before. and helpwould be much appreciated

budget is say <400$

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: car speaker recs?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 09:19:08 AM »
CDT
Image Dynamics
Focal
Boston Acoustics

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 12:24:23 PM »
ill second the boston acoustics. i have owned lots of car speakers (infinity, sony, pioneer, jbl, BA, etc) for the price they cant be beat, but if you can afford it get mb quart. but they require amps for full potential. what kind of head unit?
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 03:50:10 PM »
im running a eclipse head unit. it is a few years before they changed something about them. not sure what they changed but the local stereo guy says they have had quite a few problems in the years since i got mine. it is like 2001-2002 model

im in need to update it also. one thing at a time. ive got a blown 6x9 and a speaker having probs in the front, so speakers are first

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 03:55:27 PM »
if you're blowing out / having problems with speakers, it's likely due to your head unit not putting out enough power to properly run the speakers you're replacing and feeding them a distored signal.  If you replace the speakers and don't upgrade your amplification, it's likely that your new speakers will soon meet the fate of your old speakers.

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 08:00:02 PM »
these are shitty shitty 6x9's that had one blow. i had the stock 6x9s in there for quite awhile and had no probs... i think i just blew them jamming too loudly

im definantly looking at getting an amp and some real decent 6x9's tho

il end up going to the local stereo shop (which has possibly the best customer service ive ever experienced) and trade in my head unit as i bought it there and they will buy it back. and get a new head unit and a amp to psh whatever 6x9s i get. hopefully i can get a decent head unit that will properly push the 5 1/4"'s in the doors

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 08:08:15 PM »
these are shitty shitty 6x9's that had one blow. i had the stock 6x9s in there for quite awhile and had no probs... i think i just blew them jamming too loudly

im definantly looking at getting an amp and some real decent 6x9's tho

il end up going to the local stereo shop (which has possibly the best customer service ive ever experienced) and trade in my head unit as i bought it there and they will buy it back. and get a new head unit and a amp to psh whatever 6x9s i get. hopefully i can get a decent head unit that will properly push the 5 1/4"'s in the doors

Are you running a sub??  If so, buy some crapy 6x9's if they are in the decklid and concentrate on the front stage using the rear for filler.

SC

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 01:52:45 AM »
no subs at the moment, i was thinking of looking into something tho

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com