Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Question about taping  (Read 2180 times)

Offline ace_92029

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Question about taping
« on: February 05, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »
I am bringing a fancy small video camera for the first time into an arena to tape Aerosmith with a tripod.  I will sneak it in.   This is my very first time doing this.   I have front row balconey seats.  My question is this.

The person next to me and possibly behind me I would guess will see my little set up.   Should I preemptively say something before the concert starts to make sure they know and are cool with it?  And should I offer a copy and get their email before the show starts?  Or should I say nothing and just do my thing and hope no one bothers me.   I mean the person sitting right next to me (my friend will be on the other side) will for sure see the camera.  I am just wondering how others have handled this and if it is a potential problem.  I am sneaking a very expensive video cam in, so I don't want any problems, especially once I am set up and taping.

Any suggestions?

Thanks- 

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
Re: Question about taping
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 01:59:27 AM »
I am bringing a fancy small video camera for the first time into an arena to tape Aerosmith with a tripod.  I will sneak it in.   This is my very first time doing this.   I have front row balconey seats.  My question is this.

The person next to me and possibly behind me I would guess will see my little set up.   Should I preemptively say something before the concert starts to make sure they know and are cool with it?  And should I offer a copy and get their email before the show starts?  Or should I say nothing and just do my thing and hope no one bothers me.   I mean the person sitting right next to me (my friend will be on the other side) will for sure see the camera.  I am just wondering how others have handled this and if it is a potential problem.  I am sneaking a very expensive video cam in, so I don't want any problems, especially once I am set up and taping.

Any suggestions?

Thanks- 

I don't know about video, but I have the most nosy/annoying shit with other audience members, even when I have permission to tape.

I would opt for saying nothing.  If they ask you in an annoying way or look like they are getting upset, it might be a cue to hide your gear (or better yet, move) because they are tattling (sp?) on you.

The best you can hope for is they don't care, or they think you know the band.  The typical scenario is the dirty looks or annoying questions.  The worst is they will quietly report you to security.  I've had it all (with audio taping).

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

nameloc01

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 03:09:33 PM »
i usually will say,if my neighbors say something or look at me weird,is that i'll send them a copy if they keep it cool, and also if they dont scream or talk loudly.it pretty much has worked everytime for me.alot of times it seems that people are just a little intrigued by someone recording the show.

Offline ace_92029

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 03:33:02 PM »
Thanks all...tomorrow if by first time doing this.  I think I will film from my lap.  Does anyone here ever use a tripod...I would think that set up, even a small one, although convenient would great increase the chances of people around seeing...I know the tripod though I could do a much better job filming...is that possible to do without getting caught or do most people film from their lap/chair?

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 04:48:47 PM »
FWIW, front row balcony at an Aerosmith concert chances are you'll be standing up. Keep the tripod hidden until the lights go down, then set it up right in front of you...your standing should completely block it from those behind you.

If anything running it in your lap may help you get caught, as you'll look mighty suspicious being the only one in an arena of 20,000 sitting down.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline ace_92029

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Question about taping AUDIO Friday night so a FAST answer would be great
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 05:53:36 AM »
I am sitting front row balconey and I just bought the M-Audio 24 bit 96 khz recorder.   My question is, should I use the stereo MIC that came with the recorder OR should I use this Cardiod Condensor Mic that I paid $350 from a company called Rode.   I have been testing both out in my apartment and the differences so far is that the stereo mic I can hear some noise more easily in the background (me talking) and the stereo mic has a bit deeper base (a little more than the orginal recording).   The Condesor Mic has a little less base than the original recording.   It's very close although different sounds.  I wish I knew which one to use.  Again I am going to a concert in an indoor arean with 15,000 people so my apartment is not a great comparison but it's all I got.

Any suggestions on which mic to use for the best sound quality?  I am going tonight so any fast answers would be appreciated.

Thanks-

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.239 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com