Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Market Value for wmod UA-5 w/NiMH's  (Read 6533 times)

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
Market Value for wmod UA-5 w/NiMH's
« on: November 03, 2003, 09:36:47 PM »
Hey now,
Doing some market research to find out what my wmod UA-5 (with digi mod too) would go for if I were to sell it. I have two 1800mAh 9.6V NiMH battery packs, the charger, box, documentation, software, USB cable and receipts showing all mods done by Oade Brothers Audio - original owner in flawless condition. Used for about 7 months or so to record shows, always kept in my LowePro Nova 4 bag or in a hard case and never dropped or mishandled.

Tossing around the idea to upgrade to a V3 and would need to move the UA-5 ASAP if I decide to upgrade. (need to perform a stealth upgrade so the "wife or better half" doesn't freak out on me).

I am quite happy with the results the mod UA-5 produces, however I REALLY like the sound the V3 produces with my mod Nak700's and must have one! The problem is the price tag of even a used V3 is a bit hard to swallow......any creative thoughts from those of which who have kids, a suspicious wife and the upgrade bug to boot??

Thanks for the space!

Peace,
LeftoverSammy

)<///%> ~~~ )><///%> ~~~ )><///%>

"One man gathers what another man spills"......

Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
Re:Market Value for wmod UA-5 w/NiMH's
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 09:48:53 PM »
you can always sell crack/a kidney/donate sperm...

good luck with the upgrade bug!
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 09:52:37 PM »
What, the Wmod sells for 550 new? The batteries and cable and charger prolly set you back $100 retail....
$575 would most likely be fair, you could even get 6 if you tried.

If I'm off on my memory of how much the wmod costs new, then deduct 50-75 from the new retail price to get the ballpark used value.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 10:12:10 PM »
with all the accessories i'd say between $550-$600 would be a fair price. however i think a used w-mod UA5 is a highly sought after piece of gear.  i would just have people make you offers. i bet you'd be surprised what kind of a response you might get.

Offline Nick Culbreth

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 10:58:39 PM »
you'd probably be able to get pretty close to what you paid for it... oade manufactured/modified gear holds its value very well.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 02:04:15 PM »
I just ordered a w-mod UA-5 from Oade yesterday... it was $500.   I just ordered two +9.6v 3000mAh batteries from batteryspace for it, and that was another $50, and I spent a little under $20 yesterday buying the parts to make the battery-power cord.

If you put that thing up on the Yard Sale, you would totally sell it, with a quickness.  I know there are a lot of people looking for one of those...

I just knew someone was going to try to move one as soon as I bought it new... But, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get almost all your money back.

Peace-
Andrew
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline LeftoverSammy

• Taperssection Member
  • MG's FUCKIN' A!!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 05:34:58 PM »
Well I am 95% sure its gonna go up for sale in the next week or so since I have comitted to purchasing a V3 from another taper on Oade site.  ;D  

When I do I'll just ask for best offer and go from there. I plan to give my taping buddy first crack at it but if he doesn't want it then I'll post it hear and on Oade.com.

I really appriciate all your honest feedback  ;) You're suggestions for market value were pretty much dead on for what I was hoping to get. Stay tuned....

FYI - I also plan to sell my old Sony D5 and just maybe, must maybe my matched set of Nak CM300's (CP-1 & CP-2 caps) and the rare CP-3 cap and a Nak CM100 mic. Still plan to keep my CP-4 shotguns however.

Thankx
Microtech Gefell SMS2000's (M20 & M21 caps) > Luminous Audio Monarch II's or Audio Magic Silvers > MixPre 3
Grace Designs V3
Marantz PMD661
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiod mics > Battbox> Tascam DR-7

Former Nak CM300 & CM700 Vet (CP1, CP2, CP3 & CP4 caps), MX-100

Its 420.....24/7.....365!! :-)

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2003, 06:11:02 AM »
supply and demand

make those fuckers demand it!

i use fuckers as a term of endearment ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com