Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: replacing audio on a video?  (Read 11896 times)

Offline t34mbtp

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team "BTP" CO-Founder.
Re: replacing audio on a video?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 03:30:55 PM »
vegas + dvd arch ftw
NO "I" in T34m Brauh.

Offline Wiesel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: replacing audio on a video?
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 04:47:25 PM »
With digital camcorder and digital audio sources it is extremely easy.  [...]

As said before, with digital sources it's easy.  With analog, ehhhh....NOT so easy.  The internal parts on digital devices like MiniDV, hard drive, and flash recorders have a constant speed.  A hard drive recorder may record a tiny bit slower than a flash recorder for example so when you match the two they will sync at the beginning and one will drift from the other later one but the drift will be constant and easily adjusted. 

The mechanisms on analog recorders will vary and do not run at constant speed.  One part will be synced then 5 minutes in one track is 10 seconds ahead and 10 minutes later that same track is 5 seconds behind.   You have to cut the tracks into small segments and sync each individually.  It sucks BIG time.

I'm recording purely digital (Canon MiniDV cam & iRiver H120 for the audio) and I'm also experiencing speed fluctuations. Sometimes I just have to adjust the speed of the audio to the video and it's perfectly in sync like you said but in some cases the speed of the audio track (or video, still the same problem) fluctuates every few minutes which is a pain to sync up... I just noticed it on outdoor recordings so my theory is that the temperature has an influence on the speed - sure the temperature has an influence on everything but I would've never thought that it's so extreme...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com