Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: cool edit pro problems  (Read 2153 times)

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
cool edit pro problems
« on: December 08, 2003, 04:31:02 AM »
was recording in cool edit tonight, and i was running a sample rate of 96khz, and now i have to downsample..  but cool edit is all weird.  i've used wavelab, and it was easy and simple,and quick. but cool edit seems to be taking like 30 min to downsample to 44.1 to burn.  is there any freeware that downsamples quick and easy, or just easy, i have time, but i'm not messing with 96 right now, i'll keep at 44 or 48 from now on, so much easier.  any help would be greatly appreciated.

matt
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re:cool edit pro problems
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 08:09:30 AM »
was recording in cool edit tonight, and i was running a sample rate of 96khz, and now i have to downsample..  but cool edit is all weird.  i've used wavelab, and it was easy and simple,and quick. but cool edit seems to be taking like 30 min to downsample to 44.1 to burn.  is there any freeware that downsamples quick and easy, or just easy, i have time, but i'm not messing with 96 right now, i'll keep at 44 or 48 from now on, so much easier.  any help would be greatly appreciated.

matt

i use CEP1.2a and 2.0.  downsampling is cpu intensive and takes a long time as expected.

you're dealing with HUGE file sizes, so 30 min to downsample 96khz > 44.1khz data is not slow at all. actually, it's quite fast. how long was the show?

i downsampled a 45min show @ 48khz > 44.1khz using the highest quality setting, and it took close to 25min.  i'm running overclocked PIII 980Mhz with 1Gig of memory.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 08:16:25 AM »
but cool edit is all weird.  i've used wavelab, and it was easy and simple,and quick.

It makes sense to me that downsampling is CPU intensive and will take some time.  Are you sure in Wavelab you didn't just change the WAV header sample rate - are you sure it actually resampled the data?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 11:02:22 AM »
k well it wasn't even downsampling a show, it was my own solo recording, throwing together an acoustic cd of some old, and new tunes i've been writing.  always wanted a solo cd of me, and last night was the time to start, but i think i'm gonna stick with 48k just to make it easier, or even 44, we'll see, i just thought maybe it was my computer that sucks, cause its an old PII MMX, but all is well today.  thanks peace and +t's

matt

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline sexymexi

• Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 03:09:45 PM »
k so when i downsample now there is a lot of little noise. and it pisses me off..  i made good takes of these songs, i guess i can make it better. but it still sucks.. cause they sound good, but then somtimes there are little noisy things that crackle in and out the whole time.  any other help would be good thanks.

matt

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com