Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is file written if the Microtrack shuts down while recording (battery empty)?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline wannabetaper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
According to the manual:

"When the battery power is nearly depleted, “battery low” will be shown on the LCD display. When this message appears, you should recharge MicroTrack II immediately. If you continue to run MicroTrack II on battery power after seeing this message, the unit will eventually turn off. You will then have to recharge the battery before MicroTrack II can be turned on again."

However, during my first use of the device, the microtrack shut down immediately after displaying this message. And anyway if I use it to record a concert I won't have a chance to periodically check if there is a battery warning. So my question is: if the microtrack shuts down while recording does it write the file first? I mean, if you record two hours and everything is lost because of this 5 min before the end of the concert it really sucks.

Offline taperwheeler

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
M-Audio has stated that it will save before shut down. I ran some home tests with my unit after I first purchased it.  I let mine run on 2 occasions in record mode until the unit shut itself down (to test recording time/battery life) and on both occasions, the files saved.
Mics: SP-CMC-8 AT933 Body 4.7K mod AT853 (c, sc) U853 (h) Microline Shotguns
Pres: CA 9100, SP-Preamp
Recorders: MT2 , Tascam DR-07, PCM-M10, PCM A10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com