Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How much gear can I bring into a Phish show?  (Read 6426 times)

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: How much gear can I bring into a Phish show?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 11:47:23 PM »
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
Portable AC power:  http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearch_v3.asp?px=FO&scriteria=BA50069

Terry

Typical home cassette deck = 15 to 20 watts
2 hours would be dicey
44 watts on the Mwave and heaven knows it's efficiency...

Back on topic...
see board section on power:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?board=25.0

Almost any national/regional act will require you to be self-contained, courteous, and respectful of the fans, crew, and performers.

It only makes sense, no?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:04:13 PM by 6o6 »
"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

Offline jaycdunn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 05:57:38 PM »
Getting the rig figured out for the Miami shows. My buddy has an R-4Pro w/ 20 gig drive that I'll be using. 4 consecutive nights of taping. What would be the best battery solution? The owners manual says to use alkalines.

I'm not gonna bother with the Sonosax or external converters. The R-4Pro sounds good enough from what I've read.

I'm getting the Manfrotto 1004BAC stand, and probably a cheap stereo bar like the AKG or K&M for now. So I guess I'll need a thread adapter.

Since I'm flying cross country, I may just bring some cheap mics. I can borrow a pair of JW modded SPA MC1. Or even cheaper, I've got an un-modded pair that's never been used. Or I've got a nice pair of JW modded 414 B/ULS, but they're not cheap. Maybe running those in A/B omni on a wider bar would be cool?

I don't know how far the taping section is from the stage at American Airlines Arena, but since it's a big indoor venue, I'm guessing that ORTF or Blumlein might sound too distant. Has anyone heard of Omni-Mid-Side? You sum a forward facing ribbon with an omni condenser. This (cardioid) sum is combined with a side facing ribbon in a M/S matrix. I could do this with my Royer SF-12 and one of the 414's. This setup is typically used for classical music, but who knows?

Offline mountaintaper

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »
Getting the rig figured out for the Miami shows. My buddy has an R-4Pro w/ 20 gig drive that I'll be using. 4 consecutive nights of taping. What would be the best battery solution? The owners manual says to use alkalines.

You'll either want to use an external battery pack or change batteries at setbreak... I certainly never got much more than about 2hr20min on alkalines with my R4.

Offline jaycdunn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 08:00:13 PM »
I just read a different part of the R-4Pro manual where it says you can use Nickel Hydrogen batteries too. I assume that means NIMH. I thought they were called Nickel Metal Hydride. Anyway, I'm surprised this unit doesn't use bigger batteries. I'll look into a battery pack. It would be nice to not have to reboot at "halftime". Thanks for the info.

Offline jaycdunn

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 01:08:26 PM »
Okay, I've got the Sonosax and the R-4Pro here. I probably won't have time to build any external battery rigs, so I guess I'll just use a bunch of AA and 9V batteries.

On another note, the friends I was going to meet at the shows may not be able to go now. So I might need hotel money, which means I'm not buying any new mics. And if I have to wing it in Miami with my dick in the wind for a week, it may be best to just bring some cheapo mics.

Oh well, I'd rather save up for those Nevatons anyway.

Offline fleish

• Trade Count: (4)
  • I've been safariing since before you were born
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 04:51:04 PM »
Hm, claims no longer available, but I use this to power my R-4 ... it runs it like 12+ hours on 2 channels.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/480307-REG/Impact_BPD8000_BPD_8000_Universal_Portable_Li_Ion.html
Mics: AT853, MC930, AK40/AK50 > LC3 > KM100, ADK TL51
Cables: Audio Magic XStream silver, Kind Kables, Zaolla M1.5
Decks: D8, Busman Hybrid R4

My LMA tapes: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Todd+Fleisher%22

My LMA transfers: http://archive.org/search.php?query=-taper%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29%20AND%20transferer%3A%28Todd%20Fleisher%29

My LMA uploads: http://archive.org/search.php?query=collection%3Aetree%20AND%20uploader%3A%28todd%40fleish.org%29

Awesome. David said you were like The Wolf in Pulp Fiction. Shows up just in time with tons of gear, does a pro job, and disappears into the night! :-)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com