Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Turn around time on V3 opti mod.??  (Read 1924 times)

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Turn around time on V3 opti mod.??
« on: January 13, 2005, 12:35:22 PM »
Planning on getting this done what is the average turn around time??  Can't wait!!!! Thanks..
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • lost cause
Re: Turn around time on V3 opti mod.??
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 12:37:32 PM »
From what I read they do the mod on tuesday?
test it for 48 hours and ship it out.
Most from what I have read had theirs  back in less then 2 weeks.
I suppose it depends on how busy and when they receive it.
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline Govt Mule

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 12:58:15 PM »
Lunatec V3 optical/TOSLINK upgrade is now available!

Since its introduction 3 years ago, The Lunatec V3 has become the industry standard portable mic preamplifier/converter. And now we have now decided to make a good thing even better- due to overwhelming demand from many Lunatec V3 users, Grace Design is proud to announce the Lunatec V3 Optical output option / upgrade. This option replaces the existing WORDCLOCK output on the V3 with a TOSLINK optical format output.

If you plan to purchase a new Lunatec V3 preamplifier, you can now order it with the TOSLINK/Optical output. Or if you are an existing V3 owner and would like to upgrade your unit with TOSLINK out, here is how to have it done.

The Luntec V3 optical upgrade service includes the following:
• A new V3 rear panel that replaces the standard Word Clock output with a TOSLINK optical output
• Complete system testing and performance verification
• New 5 year warranty
• A V3 manual addendum that describes operation with TOSLINK
• New packaging components if required
• Return shipping of your preamp via FedEx ground service paid by Grace Design

How much does it cost?
The cost of the upgrade to existing V3 owners is $195. New units with TOSLINK output will be handled through our dealers as usual. We do not accept credit card payments so payment needs be sent in full via personal check, cashier’s check or money order with your preamp when it is sent in.

How do I arrange to get optical upgrade service for my V3?
Because of the high demand for this service, we have implemented a very simple and strict procedure. This must be followed such that we can make the process as efficient as possible for you and us both. By following these guidelines you can be assured that your preamp will be serviced and returned to you in the quickest manner.

The skilled staff here at our Boulder, CO shop will be doing all upgrades. The upgrade services are being scheduled via appointments on first come – first serve basis. We have allocated Tuesday to be the official upgrade day, which means every week a certain number of V3 optical upgrades will be started on Tuesday. For the service we are shooting for a 48 hour turn around period, but we cannot guarantee this.

To schedule an upgrade appointment, please call Eve @ 303.443.7454 9am-4:00pm M-F. Before calling, please determine the dates that will work for your schedule. As stated previously, all upgrades begin on Tuesdays, which means that units must be received no later than the previous Monday. Preamps that do not arrive by Monday, will likely have the upgrade process postponed until the following Tuesday. We will be scheduling appointments for the entire summer immediately so even if you can't send your unit in right now, we recommend you set up your appointment as soon as possible.

When you call, please have your V3’s serial number handy, as it is required to set up the appointment. Eve will provide you with return details and can handle all scheduling and return questions you may have. If you have any technical questions you can contact us directly.
Water tastes funny when you're far from your home, But it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam.- John Prine

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 10:10:43 AM »
I sent mine off last week and they said they'd do the mod the day it arrived.  Since demand has dropped way down, they no longer schedule 1 day/week for the mods, they just do them as they come in.  I sent mine off last Tuesday or Wednesday from the Philadelphia area and it hasn't returned yet.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Beyer mc950 / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 11:48:53 AM »
I sent mine on Friday, it arrived there Tuesday, and was back to me that Saturday. 7 to 10 day turn around.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com