Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Do SUPERLUX SMK-H8 Ks work with MicroTrack ?  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Vismars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Do SUPERLUX SMK-H8 Ks work with MicroTrack ?
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:54:56 AM »
Since the Microtrack provides only 30V i fear that the Superlux Set will not work with it.
Superlux says something like "48 V 3,5 mA" needed.

Do you have experience with this setup, does it work?

Offline SparkE!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Do SUPERLUX SMK-H8 Ks work with MicroTrack ?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 10:26:31 AM »
I've looked at the circuit design of the SMK-H8K mics and it appears to me that 30 V of power supply voltage will work fine for these mics.  The harmonic distortion in the amplifiers contained in the mic bodies would be slightly increased, but I doubt that you could notice the difference by listening.  It might be possible to see a difference on a spectrum analyzer that's looking at the mic signal.  You'd feed an acoustic tone into the test mic and look at signal levels at integer multiples of the tone's frequency, first at 48 V bias, then at 30 V bias.  There will be some measureable difference, but again, I seriously doubt that you would be able to reliably discern the difference by listening to the signal recorded from the mic under test.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com