Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V2 battery draw when using simultaneous outputs?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline edub ark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Fries with that?
V2 battery draw when using simultaneous outputs?
« on: June 13, 2005, 05:51:10 PM »
Could anyone enlighten me on how significant the draw on the battery (powering a V2) would be when using both XLR and RCA outputs simultaneously, vice running either outputs separately?
I'm using 6V/7.2Ahr Ecco charge batteries.
Trying to get things ironed out before heading to Wakarusa.
Thanks,
E

Offline keepongoin

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: V2 battery draw when using simultaneous outputs?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 09:19:04 PM »
i wouldn't think adding line level outs would generate any extra battery draw... of course, i could be dead wrong. passing a digital signal uses more juice, but i think those line level outs are hot regardless of whether something is hooked up to them or not. 
“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.” Sinclair Lewis: How Fascism Will Come To America (1935)

"Science is facts; just as houses are made of stones, so is science made of facts; but a pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science."- Henri Poincare

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/pierce

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 12:41:03 AM »
Could anyone enlighten me on how significant the draw on the battery (powering a V2) would be when using both XLR and RCA outputs simultaneously, vice running either outputs separately?
Thanks,
E

there would be a difference in runtime, but not a drastic one. driving line level shouldn't take too much current.

i wouldn't think adding line level outs would generate any extra battery draw... of course, i could be dead wrong. passing a digital signal uses more juice, but i think those line level outs are hot regardless of whether something is hooked up to them or not.

line outputs are hot, but if there's nothing connected to it, there's no current draw. i would think most of the v2's current consumption is in the p48 and preamp stages.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 11:31:03 AM »
Thanks,
E

there would be a difference in runtime, but not a drastic one. driving line level shouldn't take too much current.

line outputs are hot, but if there's nothing connected to it, there's no current draw. i would think most of the v2's current consumption is in the p48 and preamp stages.

marc

you got pm killer.

Ray

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com