Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panasonic Viera TC-P50S2 with Panasonic DMP-BD85 Blu-Ray Player outputting 24p  (Read 10172 times)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
I just got both of these - my first HDTV and Blu-Ray player. They are connected with an HDMI cable. When the player is set to the default settings, everything looks fine. However, when it is set to output 24p, the resulting picture has "snow" or noise in it. The noise is random white pixels throughout the image. It is part of the signal and not grain or something from the video itself (noise continues randomly when paused).

On the TV, the 3:2 Pulldown option is grayed out, which makes some kind of sense to me because the format should be detected from the HDMI signal. I have searched both this forum and the web and have not seen this problem described before.

I have tried all three HDMI inputs with the same result. I do not have another HDMI cable available to test right now, but can get one this weekend. I wouldn't think the cable would work at the default settings and not at 24p.

I don't think this is the image graininess that others have described. It is definitely noise and not a characteristic of the image.

Please help me get this set up correctly to play back 24p Blu-ray discs! Thank you.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
Matt,

How did this turn out?  Guessing that it may be a cable bandwidth issue.  The most current HDMI revision is 1.4a which is now called [High Speed HDMI with Ethernet] spec'd to work with 3D at 1080p 24 frames per second.

Current cables are in the link below, and the links within will give you all the info on HDMI revisions etc. from HDMI dot org.

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_1_4/finding_right_cable.aspx
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
From what I gather after posting on other forums, I was attempting to have both the Blu-Ray player and the TV do the 24p conversion (as this TV doesn't have true 24p playback capabilities). Since the TV outputs a multiple of 60 Hz (rather than a multiple of 24), it has to get converted somewhere. I ended up having the Blu-Ray player do it.
Out of the game … for now?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com