Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: M/S - Where to find back-to-back mic clips??? [update w/Rycote part# 048488]  (Read 18145 times)

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
I though I was ordering the production models based on the p/n. they'll work fine, however, so I'll keep them.
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
Would these be strong enough to support two delrin mounting bars - 4 channels of actives? I am looking for a way to cut down my current setup of two ultraclamps + two shure doughnuts and these back-to-back clips + a normal Rycote would be way cheaper than the Schoeps AMS 22.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
Here is a picture I snapped of the Rycote B 2 B Clips P/N 048488

This is the pre-production version.

The final version of the clips has a rubber insert - this holds the mic. tightly and is better for Nextel finished microphones - it also stops the mic. from rotating.

Really!!!  I ordered Rycote B2B Clips P/N 048488 from Posthorn Recordings in NY just last week, they are the only US Rycote dealer I could find listing the item.  The photo is exactly what was shipped to me, just received them 6/20/11.  Seems like they will get the job done okay but John, do you recommend returning them to exchange for the actual production models?

Personally I am waiting for the production ones with the rubber inserts before I get mine - but I thought the production version was available now.

The rubber inserts are certainly better for the flat-sided Sennheiser MKH microphones.

did the production ones ever come out?

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
so one INV-HG MKII ($62) paired with the Rycote B2B Clips Part# 048488 . should be the perfect solution for running 4 channels if you use the stereo bars like I make. plus the rubber grips in the clamp should prevent any rotating in the mount.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 11:12:32 AM by NOLAfishwater »

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Stay healthy and safe!
I use a regular INV-7 with the Rycote B2B Clips Part# 048488 clamps pictured, works fine for me.  Not sure if they have released the newer version of the back to back clips yet, the production ones I was sent are the exact ones in the picture.

Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
I think I prefer this for the following reasons:
1.  it is more centered in the mount
2. it looks more sturdy for when you stack two stereo bars.
3. has anti slip rubber to prevent rotation in the primary mount (the clips have rubber liner too).

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
nice^^^^ but the schoeps look better in the mounts :P
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
So I thought long and hard about using these back-to-back clips for a 4-channel setup using the stereo bars. My conclusion is that it is not a good solution if you need to use windscreens. It might work if you're running delrin bars of differing lengths, but not at all if you're running 2 x 17cm bars and poorly if you're running 1 x 17cm and 1x 20cm.

Ultimately, I went with a K&M stereo bar oriented vertically with two Shure A51M's (or you could use A 20's). It works extremely well and allows as much vertical spacing as needed for windscreens.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
So I thought long and hard about using these back-to-back clips for a 4-channel setup using the stereo bars. My conclusion is that it is not a good solution if you need to use windscreens. It might work if you're running delrin bars of differing lengths, but not at all if you're running 2 x 17cm bars and poorly if you're running 1 x 17cm and 1x 20cm.

Ultimately, I went with a K&M stereo bar oriented vertically with two Shure A51M's (or you could use A 20's). It works extremely well and allows as much vertical spacing as needed for windscreens.

I never run two of the same length bars so this will work perfect.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
nice^^^^ but the schoeps will look better in the mounts :P

fyp

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
I use a regular INV-7 with the Rycote B2B Clips Part# 048488 clamps pictured, works fine for me.  Not sure if they have released the newer version of the back to back clips yet, the production ones I was sent are the exact ones in the picture.

This is the old picture of the early ones.

The production ones now have the rubber insert which is better on the mics and holds them much better.

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Stay healthy and safe!

The production ones now have the rubber insert which is better on the mics and holds them much better.

I actually took that picture of the early production ones, it's what they sent me when I ordered.  They were hard to find and there were no pictures available of them at the time.  I thought I would be getting the ones with the inserts when I ordered.  Did the part number change to distinguish the difference?  If it didn't how do you know what you will get when you place an order?

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
I bet you can send yours back. They all have the rubber lining.

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio

I actually took that picture of the early production ones, it's what they sent me when I ordered.  They were hard to find and there were no pictures available of them at the time.  I thought I would be getting the ones with the inserts when I ordered.  Did the part number change to distinguish the difference?  If it didn't how do you know what you will get when you place an order?

They all come with the rubber lining now.

They only sent out the naked ones while they were sorting getting the moulding of the rubber lining correct.

You can always give Rycote a shout and see if they'll swap them over.

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Stay healthy and safe!
Thanks, I sent a message to Rycote requesting to exchange them for the version with the rubber inserts.  I'm located in the USA and they only listed a UK number on their website.  Guess it took the a while to perfect manufacturing, maybe this is why they were difficult to locate when I ordered them.

edit to add:
Rycote UK re-directed me to Redding Audio in Wallingford, CT to handle the exchange.

Got the replacement rubber lined clips in the mail today  :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:44:04 AM by DigiGal »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com