Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone use Energizer AA 2500 mAH Nimh's  (Read 4977 times)

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Anyone use Energizer AA 2500 mAH Nimh's
« on: January 11, 2005, 12:12:21 PM »
Wondering if anyone has used these. I'm happy with the PowerEx 2450 mAH AA's I've been using but these are rated a little higher.

A 4 pack with a non-smart (at least I assume it's not smart) charger is only $17.99 at Target this week. I picked one up but haven't opened the package yet.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Anyone use Energizer AA 2500 mAH Nimh's
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 12:22:13 PM »
Wondering if anyone has used these. I'm happy with the PowerEx 2450 mAH AA's I've been using but these are rated a little higher.

A 4 pack with a non-smart (at least I assume it's not smart) charger is only $17.99 at Target this week. I picked one up but haven't opened the package yet.

Damn, seems like a good deal. I'm gonna hafta hit that +t
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline gewwang

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 02:39:56 PM »
Damn, seems like a good deal. I'm gonna hafta hit that +t

The only downside I see is that I found a site somewhere that said the charge time was 8.5 hours. My maha smart charger can charge 4 AA's in about 1 hour. But the maha was about 4 times the price of this charger. The energizer charger is a more compact size for travelling though.

Offline LEDZEPZOSO

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 07:14:33 PM »

At the CES convention I talked to a couple of battery vendors including Lenmar. They both say they are going to be releasing 2700 mAH, in the next couple of months. I am running 2450's and cannot justify buying new batteries just for 50 mAH.

Offline KingReptile

• Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 11:50:56 PM »
George,

I have used these for awhile now they seem to work great .Mine never take more than hour to charge usually like 20-30 minutes..I ran a brand new set for clutch 1hr40mns with my light on and it didnt even lose a full bar on the D100..Hows the job offer going and when we gonna hit a show??

Offline gewwang

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 12:32:33 AM »
So then you fast charge them wth your maha smart charge or am I missing something here?

I've actually only used the maha charger with lenmars. I was just inquiring to see if anyone knew anything about the energizer charger and batteries so I can figure out if it's worth keeping as a 2nd charger or not.

Offline gewwang

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 12:40:48 AM »
I have used these for awhile now they seem to work great .Mine never take more than hour to charge usually like 20-30 minutes..I ran a brand new set for clutch 1hr40mns with my light on and it didnt even lose a full bar on the D100..Hows the job offer going and when we gonna hit a show??

Which of the energizer chargers do you use? They have 5 types:
http://energizer.com/products/rechargeables/sizes.aspx

The one in the target deal is the compact charger and their website confirms it takes 8 hrs to charge 4 2500mAh's. Definitely have to return this. I'm going to wait for the 2700's LEDZEPZOSO mentioned.

Still interviewing. I'm going to find out about a couple projects this week, none around here though. I have nothing planned before the Crue next month.

Offline KingReptile

• Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 12:58:48 AM »
George,

I dont have either of those I purchased 2 chargers last summer at Wal-Mart i believe the last time I went there they still had the type i got..Do you still have a Pre-Amp that i could try??

Offline gewwang

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 01:06:06 AM »
I've gone from three preamps to one. I still have the sonosax and the aerco is currently undergoing some R&D. If you have a show coming up before Crue, you're welcome to the sonosax.

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 11:03:36 AM »
I just bought the energizers before I left, target had the 4 pack and a smart charger which you could buy seperatly which is an option.  I am curious how long these guys or even the lenmars run in an mp-2/mixpre so I can get an idea of how long I have before I have to switch batts at a show.  thanks.
mics & cameras

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2005, 06:10:05 PM »
I just bought the energizers before I left, target had the 4 pack and a smart charger which you could buy seperatly which is an option.  I am curious how long these guys or even the lenmars run in an mp-2/mixpre so I can get an idea of how long I have before I have to switch batts at a show.  thanks.

They won't power an MP-2, mix-pre, or FP-24 unless you have Sound Devices mod the unit to accept rechargables. Has something to do with the battery tabs on the unit itself being incompatible w/ rechargables.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 07:11:43 PM »
They won't power an MP-2, mix-pre, or FP-24 unless you have Sound Devices mod the unit to accept rechargables. Has something to do with the battery tabs on the unit itself being incompatible w/ rechargables.

Welll...maybe.  I believe at some point SD starting including the updated springs/tabs in new MP2's (and possibly MixPres).  Forgot with which serial number it started, but I remember seeing one.  At any rate, yeah - if the rechargables don't worky, you'll need a quick fix from the SD folks.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 08:29:36 PM »

well fuck if they don't work I know sound devices will not mod the shure units and shure doesnt support them anymore

dammit.

Tin foil?
mics & cameras

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2005, 08:44:57 PM »
ok dammit they dont work. hmm time to harass SD into fixing my shure product.
mics & cameras

Offline tim in jersey

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2005, 07:06:13 AM »
ok dammit they dont work. hmm time to harass SD into fixing my shure product.

Bummer, man. I'm in the same boat. I've got an FP-24 here too that I use to stealth on rare occasion. I've been using lithium batts. They get me through 3+1/2 hour shows no prob.

Let me know if SD is at all responsive to modding your "Shure"  device.

+T coming atcha.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com