Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Which has better sounding ADC, R-09HR or M-10???  (Read 9110 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Which has better sounding ADC, R-09HR or M-10???
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 07:17:01 PM »
Chris Church will do it, but you have to deal with the expense of international shipping!  I would just get a right angle 1/8 plug and be careful.

Can ANYONE on ts.com epoxy my Line-In jack on my newly acquired R09 ???

Is it broken or as a preventative measure?

I epoxied my 1st R-09 as a preventative measure after Edirol repaired it.   That was 5 years ago, no problems since.
I bought a second R-09 after they had reportedly fixed the problem (4years back?) and that one is still going strong, never epoxied.

If your line-input is broken and you are using an external preamp you can switch to the mic-input jack at low sensitivity and run it around level 10 without much sonic difference as far as I can tell.  I did that for a few months before getting mine repaired.  In that case it may be an early unit prone to breakage and you may want to open it up and epoxy the mic-input before it breaks too.

A small right angle input cable helps reduce stress on the jack as you probably know, as does running the cable through the case or gaff-taping it to the recorder.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Re: Which has better sounding ADC, R-09HR or M-10???
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 09:13:02 PM »
Chris Church will do it, but you have to deal with the expense of international shipping!  I would just get a right angle 1/8 plug and be careful.

Can ANYONE on ts.com epoxy my Line-In jack on my newly acquired R09 ???

Is it broken or as a preventative measure?

I epoxied my 1st R-09 as a preventative measure after Edirol repaired it.   That was 5 years ago, no problems since.
I bought a second R-09 after they had reportedly fixed the problem (4years back?) and that one is still going strong, never epoxied.

If your line-input is broken and you are using an external preamp you can switch to the mic-input jack at low sensitivity and run it around level 10 without much sonic difference as far as I can tell.  I did that for a few months before getting mine repaired.  In that case it may be an early unit prone to breakage and you may want to open it up and epoxy the mic-input before it breaks too.

A small right angle input cable helps reduce stress on the jack as you probably know, as does running the cable through the case or gaff-taping it to the recorder.

Preventative measure ;) The seller says its fine right now but I'm not sure if they fixed the one I'm buying or if its one of those early ones that had the issues ???

And yes, I'm getting a custom RCA>rt-angle 1/8" cable made so that should help.
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com