Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sbd and gear question  (Read 1454 times)

Offline dmorton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
sbd and gear question
« on: March 23, 2006, 10:36:32 AM »
I'm new to this and did a whole bunch of searches and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.  So here goes.   

I have become friends with the band Allgood.  If you don't know them, you should.  Anyway, they are having a reunion show at the Georgia Theater in April.  They are going to allow me to record the show and will let me have a soundboard connection.   This will most likely be a one time recording experience for me, but who knows.  Anyway, I play guitar and have some of my own songs I would like to record and send out to others as well.  So should I go with a MT?  Or should I get something along the lines of a Tascam DP-01?   I need to transport this item from chicago to atlanta on a plane.  But I want to make a great recording for the band.  I guess my question is should I get a portable DAW or go with something like the MT? 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Roving Sign

Re: sbd and gear question
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:39:14 AM »
Allgood will attract a large pack of tapers...you will not be the only one...

You might do best to let one of the  experienced guys handle it...patch off them...

Offline dmorton

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 10:44:18 AM »
is it better to get a feed from the board?  If so, then if someone is going to go, I will set them up with a feed from the board.  All I ask for is a copy.  ust contact me.

Roving Sign

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 10:49:50 AM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=61483.0

Heres some chat about his gig...looks like it will be well covered...

PM cdb...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com