Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ipod+Tunetalk+?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline midnightraver42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Ipod+Tunetalk+?
« on: August 14, 2007, 05:03:32 PM »
I saw some posts on here about recording to iPod (16/44.1)using Tunetalk with OK results, but I didnt see anyone who had tried using an external mic. (Tunetalk has a 1/8" line-in jack)

The tunetalk would connect to my 5G 60GB iPod

I dont know much about all this, but from what I understand, it seems the levels get overloaded when recording shows with high levels of bass on the tunetalk internal mic, If I were to get an external mic would that level off my recordings? Or how about if I got a batt box with rolloff too? Will my sound still be limited because of the tunetalk on the recording regardless of limiting sound before entering tunetalk?

do i need other pieces of equipment too?

Hope that all makes sense

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:43:02 PM by midnightraver42 »

jsimpson

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ipod+Tunetalk+?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:06:58 AM »
hey man, sorry that nobody has replied sooner but it's pretty rare that you come across someone using an ipod to record with.

i actually use the same setup, only on a 30gig.

here's what i've got:
30 gig ipod
belkin tunetalk (always leave autogain OFF)
giant squid audio lab omni-directional mics w/ bass roll-off

and that's it. i've had great results in a small venue with almost 0 post processing. everything mixed nicely.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Ipod+Tunetalk+?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 12:25:11 AM »
There is a guy in town here in Raleigh that uses a CSB>TuneTalk>iPod rig.  He likes the small size and the fact that it uses his iPod.  But he doesn't like the fact that it doesn't have levels.  He is unable to tell if he is clipping, etc...  He said he's gotten some very overloaded recordings...

I think the TuneTalk>iPod would work just fine if you use a preamp if front of it that provides levels.  I think the SD-MP2 did this...  It also provides Phantom to power condensors...

I also this some fo the various battery boxes floating around have -3db and clips indicator lights, so you can at least gauge if you are clipping.

Both can provide a line-out to your TuneTalk.

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.148 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com