Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Marantz I/O and Mixers... can you help me with this?  (Read 2444 times)

Offline MattinSTL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Marantz I/O and Mixers... can you help me with this?
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:17:50 PM »
Okay so a 660 is 1/8" mini-jack for line-in from a mixer and the 671 is RCA for line-in?

So if I want to use a MixPre with either one of these I gotta' go from XLR to mini or else RCA?

That seems crazy as hell to me... am I missing something?

Are there any digital recorders that take a line-level input as XLR?

Finally let's say I get an oade modded 660... so ALL that's left is the MIC-IN XLR inputs... but it says they don't overload until +14dbu... so does that mean that I could run it directly from the MixPre? If so then THAT is probably the route I'll take, but oade hasn't returned my emails as of yet and I'm hoping one of you guys can answer.

Thanks for your help if you can! :)
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw myself sitting there with a glass of tap water, eating an oregano sandwich on a two week old hamburger bun... and the only thing going through my mind was, "God I love this new shotgun!"

Current mics: 480b/ck61/ck63/ck69, Rode NT1000, Oktava mk012 hyper/cardioid, MKE-2, D230, RE50.

Past mics: MKH-416, AT4073a, ME-66, NT2000, NTK, NT3, TR50, M-150, M58, ATR55, MS907.

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Old and in the way.
Re: Marantz I/O and Mixers... can you help me with this?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 08:40:31 PM »
Dont the MixPre and the FP24 have 1/8" out as well (not the heaadphone jack, but a line level out)?
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline d5

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 10:37:14 PM »
Finally let's say I get an oade modded 660... so ALL that's left is the MIC-IN XLR inputs... but it says they don't overload until +14dbu... so does that mean that I could run it directly from the MixPre? If so then THAT is probably the route I'll take, but oade hasn't returned my emails as of yet and I'm hoping one of you guys can answer.

The way Doug described the Advanced Concert Mod (ACM) to me, was that he wanted to give the XLR inputs the ability to take a SBD patch, so I would imagine you could run a mixpre in also. I'm sure Doug would be happy to discuss this with you though.
JW mod AKG 460/ck61's > Sound Devices 702

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 10:43:01 PM »

The way Doug described the Advanced Concert Mod (ACM) to me, was that he wanted to give the XLR inputs the ability to take a SBD patch, so I would imagine you could run a mixpre in also. I'm sure Doug would be happy to discuss this with you though.

This is my understanding as well. The XLR's will take a line level input on the ACM mod.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline MattinSTL

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 11:12:46 PM »

This is my understanding as well. The XLR's will take a line level input on the ACM mod.

If that's the case then I'll be ordering an ACM 660 TOMORROW.

I don't need 24/96... but I really want a super clean recording where I can adjust levels on the fly (via a MixPre or similar)... so if the 660 with the Doug treatment meets that criteria then I'm in. ;)
I didn't know there was a problem until I saw myself sitting there with a glass of tap water, eating an oregano sandwich on a two week old hamburger bun... and the only thing going through my mind was, "God I love this new shotgun!"

Current mics: 480b/ck61/ck63/ck69, Rode NT1000, Oktava mk012 hyper/cardioid, MKE-2, D230, RE50.

Past mics: MKH-416, AT4073a, ME-66, NT2000, NTK, NT3, TR50, M-150, M58, ATR55, MS907.

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 04:43:42 AM »
Are there any digital recorders that take a line-level input as XLR?

Sure. The SD 722/744, Deva, Cantar, Fostex PD6 all do this. I'm sure there are others I'm missing too.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 05:00:53 AM »
you can use the mini pl line input with any mixer which supply line level , if it already has  10dbv outs ( pl mini on mix pre) you can go straight forward , if you dont have these on you device , you can make 15 db attenuation cable fro m + 4dbu xlr outs
i dont see you any need to go for concert mode  at all
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com