Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: OKMII/R - microphones impressed  (Read 1905 times)

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
OKMII/R - microphones impressed
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »
So, this past Sunday went to tape Black metal, a band I liked for years, you know or might know how these events are; packed place, heat,  sweat, pushing,  smoke....not precisely cigarrette........ smoke jejeje)
loud loud sound!!!  fast loud drum bass, loud bass, loud screams  jejejeje
for this situation "more stealthy easier setup" I undusted my venerable OKMII/R plus the A3
I managed to stay as near as possible and centered in front of stacks but as you moved towards the them, it was more packed and of course lots more of pushing slamming.
I always placed them also including this time in front of my cap NOT the ears since these are omni and the screaming, ugly growls from my neighbors would be captured full, so placing them in the front eliminates this issue + the loud sound makes it better.
I arrived home and checked the result
WHOA!!!! all is heard clearly even it sounds better than being in the concert itself
As a constant reader and sometimes asking questionson the board, I have not seen topics regarding thsese Mics, just curious one or two selling them
anyway 
Ed  ;)

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: OKMII/R - microphones impressed
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:28:43 PM »
Hello junkyardt
I taped a lot of shows with OKMII/R only 2 times I had brickwall issue, drum bass thumps.
1.-
I got a front row left side seat, had the bass stacks in my face  THUMP!
But how could I deny a front row seat of this show! just taped in case it went well, I tought the bass was not so loud there and hell it was! dumb of me not using the bass roll off switch of the A3 adapter
It was this band that at the begining their shows announcer says
"All right tape traders you wanted the best......you got the best......
2.-
It was this pop band, I was far from the stage, and the thumping was so loud that again the bass drum brickwalled

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com