Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA 4061 questions  (Read 1507 times)

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
DPA 4061 questions
« on: June 06, 2005, 10:55:24 AM »
I snagged a pair of DPA 4061's on ebay last week. They should be here in a few days.  I scanned the archives pretty heavily for info on adapting these mics but didn't come up with much specific info.

I'd like to test the mics before I cut the LEMO connectors off. Any advice? I'm wondering if I can grab the pins with female pin connectors (like from an RS-232) and rig something temporary up to plug into a sound pro batbox.

From what I gather, the sound pro bbox is a good solution.  I'm leaning towards getting a new one with the bass rolloff and level adjustment (which is what I currently use with SP-CMC-8's).  Any strong feelings on not getting those two options or going a different bbox route?

I am Not a miniplug fan.  Any suggestions for alternatives would be appreciated.  Things I have considered:

Single 5 pin mini-XLR
Miniplug on short pigtail (could be taped in place).
Using LEMO sockets

Thanks!

Offline Burnt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: DPA 4061 questions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 11:44:53 AM »
I use the DPA battery box (w/XLR out's) and had it modded to take the 3pin Lemo which are the same ones that are on your mics.
I had it modded right here in Toronto from a place that sells DPA products.
If you have a DPA batt box and are interested let me know and I'll give you their contact info.   :)
AKG C4000 > P-mod UA-5 > NJB3 (48KHz) > SVU-2
DPA 4061 (x1, hat mounted) > MPS 6010 > P-mod UA-5 >  NJB3 (48KHz)

Looking for another 4061 or even a pair of 406x mics to replace my single.  Please help me stealth in stereo.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com