Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Inexpenxive, but Rugged Vocal Mic Recommendations?  (Read 1980 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
Inexpenxive, but Rugged Vocal Mic Recommendations?
« on: June 07, 2005, 03:21:52 PM »
I have a couple of buddies that are rappers.  One of them has been complaing to me about the shoddy equipment that most places have when they go to do a show, including one they did a couple of nights ago where the vocal mic actually 'fell apart'. 

Anyway, I need some reccommendations for a "rugged" vocal mic other than a sm-57.

thanks...Kk

urobouros

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Inexpenxive, but Rugged Vocal Mic Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 06:49:04 PM »
I'm auctioning two Supuerlux ECO-88s mics on ebay for cheap:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7327897768&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

They're in perfect condition, never saw more than 5 hours of use, and never left my living room.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 08:10:22 AM »
shure beta 58
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 11:27:28 AM »
I have used a AKG D 2300  and it is  awesome it blows away all the shure mics(IMHO) I  had used and is built like a tank I scored mine for $50 or so!
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline bluegrass_brad

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Old and in the way.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 11:35:54 AM »
Another bonus of having their own vocal mics will be not being exposed to the major funk (germs, organisms, old beer, etc) that house vocal mics have.  Think about how many people have their mouth all over those things day in and day out.  At the very least I recommend that singers bring their own foam screen for the mics, but having their own mic is better.  For the vocal mic owners out there....If you own a mic like the Shure sm-58, beta-98 (or any mic where the metal screen that contains a small fabric pop filter inside it screws off).  That little fabric pop screen absorbs, and the metal gets coated by, smoke from the air, beer (or anything the singer is drinking while playing and singing), germs, etc. They eventually start to smell.  Screw them off, stick them in your dishwasher where the glasses go, run a cycle, let them dry overnight and voila!  Good as new. A little trick I learned on the road.
CK1x, CK2x, CK3x > Hub Industry Cables > Naiant PFA or MK46 > 460B
CK1, CK8, CK63 > 460b

"That was back in a time when society was not quite ready for this music. Anyone remember those days? That's when punk rock was dangerous, right?" - Mike Ness

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 12:56:08 PM »
I'm auctioning two Supuerlux ECO-88s mics on ebay for cheap:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7327897768&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

They're in perfect condition, never saw more than 5 hours of use, and never left my living room. Let me know if you have any questions.

Todd

Just bought 'em from you. The band I work for has a bad habit of leaving equipment at their houses, etc. Nice to have some extra mics/cables/etc. to bail them out.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com