Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: soundprofessionals ......sp-bmc-1 mics  (Read 2641 times)

Offline pepper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
soundprofessionals ......sp-bmc-1 mics
« on: May 19, 2007, 09:12:23 AM »
Im seriously thinking about buying a pair of these as they are cheap and sound pretty good.Has anyone used these before,and could share any opinions on them.Will i be able to use any battery box for these mics,as i already have a 9v one from some previous mics i bought.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: soundprofessionals ......sp-bmc-1 mics
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 12:14:53 PM »
I have a pair of SPCMC4 and battbox over in the Yard Sale for a steal.....they are in great shape I just don't stealth enough to keep em...

edit: please note that the mics that I shamelessly link to are cardioid and not omni like the mics you asked about. I don't want to mislead anyone.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 12:55:12 PM by goodcooker »
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline bluevolvo

• Taperssection Regular
  • chic singers rule
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:23:47 AM »
Yes you can use a batt box on them (I use the SP-SPSB-1)

These were my first pair of mics but haven't used them in forever - they've been in the drawer with the MD for about 7 years now.  Because of the way I ran them (tight for stealthing) they always lended themselves to sounding great on headphones, but lackluster otherwise.

I personally like the AT831 cards (SP-CMC2) I picked up much better for the venues I was taping in at the time.

...then again, in the right location and with what I've learned (learning) I'm sure they'd be great.

hmmmmm
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:25:42 AM by bluevolvo »
full-on: AKG C414BXLS-ST/Neumann SKM184MT's/Oktava MK012's-COH > PMD671/MOTU Traveler+ADA8000/HD24XR|MX6650
down-low: AT831's > SP-SPSB-1 > iHP-120 (RockBox'd)
[p-mod UA-5 with/in between]

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 06:27:04 PM »
They aren't bad, but if you are recording really loud stuff chances are the 9v BB will not be enough to keep them from brickwalling.
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline bluevolvo

• Taperssection Regular
  • chic singers rule
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:36:04 PM »
They aren't bad, but if you are recording really loud stuff chances are the 9v BB will not be enough to keep them from brickwalling.

i've never had a problem brickwalling, but i tend to run conserative too...your point is well taken...plus i don't run the batt box very much any more either..

-EDIT- IMHO **ANYTHING** into an iRIVER is the *********SHIT*********

http://www.archive.org/details/KTB2004-07-29.daud.at831.shnf

:)

peace out
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:00:24 PM by bluevolvo »
full-on: AKG C414BXLS-ST/Neumann SKM184MT's/Oktava MK012's-COH > PMD671/MOTU Traveler+ADA8000/HD24XR|MX6650
down-low: AT831's > SP-SPSB-1 > iHP-120 (RockBox'd)
[p-mod UA-5 with/in between]

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:00:28 PM »

i've never had a problem brickwalling, but i tend to run conserative too...your point is well taken...plus i don't run the batt box very much any more either..

-EDIT- IMHO **ANYTHING** into an iRIVER is the *********SHIT*********

http://www.archive.org/details/KTB2004-07-29.daud.at831.shnf

:)

peace out

That's great, and I like my iRiver too. But when you typically hit a brickwalling issue, it's often not the recorder (unless you are running mic in on a MD deck or similar), it's the mics brickwalling. So if it does happen, you will get a great, accurate recording of terrible distortion with your iRiver.
I hear not all the SP models running on 9v do this, but I experienced it with my SP mics and 9v BB in loud and bass heavy situations. Maybe yours are a little more robust.
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline roggae

• Taperssection Regular
  • "Gay for Trey"
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 12:54:27 PM »
I am not too thrilled with how the iRiver sounds analog in.  I think my old net-md sounded better.   ???
mlsc1->iRiver

Offline pepper

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 01:20:17 PM »
Ive never had problems with brickwalling when using a 9v battery box before.As long as my levels are set at a reasonable level it seems fine.Also i was told by the guy at sound professionals they would be ok for loud rock shows,so il take his word for it.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.109 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com